Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this website offical?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I really hope you don't misinterpret this as spam. I tried using the search function but I couldn't find any info on dolphin-emu.org. Is it an official spinoff of dolphin-emu.com or it's just a fanboy website that can go down any minute? The reason I'm asking is because I kind of like their game DB wiki idea but I wouldn't want to waste my time with it if it weren't endorsed by Dolphin's developers. Thanks.
There must be something wrong with my cookies or something, but it's clear that the search function didn't work as it should have. Just as I posted this, I saw http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-7883.html . Sorry for the unnecessary thread.
It's a fansite with unofficial builds compiled by mamario's use of a buildbot, mamario owns it. All information provided there can already be found here on the forum, although there is some nicely organized things over there that could be helpful to the average new user.

So in short, no it's not an official website or forum for Dolphin.
dolphin-emu.org is not real ? no its real. but not official.. but there are good revisions to download, that arent on dolphin-emu.com.
I appreciate that mamario provides builds but I feel as though he's providing builds mostly for his financial benefit. The site is packed with ads and you have to go through a few pages of ads just to get to the download. Even then it's hard to figure out which link, out of all the ads is the link to download the emulator. Doesn't seem right to make ad money off of other peoples hard work.
(06-25-2010, 12:54 AM)GameCodingNinja Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate that mamario provides builds but I feel as though he's providing builds mostly for his financial benefit. The site is packed with ads and you have to go through a few pages of ads just to get to the download. Even then it's hard to figure out which link, out of all the ads is the link to download the emulator. Doesn't seem right to make ad money off of other peoples hard work.
this is the internet. shit happens.

look up scamming on the wii. it happens.
even priiloader is starting to get into scam package's
(06-25-2010, 12:56 AM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]this is the internet. shit happens.

Still doesn't make it right. I'm just disappointed someone would try to profit from other's free efforts. Just saying...
The guy has a bill to pay for the site, probably he's earning something or a bit more, you can't blame him. I compile on my own so I don't need that service.
I guess if a "core member" isn't bothered by it... then I shouldn't be. Thanks.
(06-25-2010, 01:32 AM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]The guy has a bill to pay for the site, probably he's earning something or a bit more, you can't blame him. I compile on my own so I don't need that service.
i dont think the bill of the site is as much as he can/does earn. alot of scam sites are a nice example. some get sold for a few million dollors
USB loaders and homebrew channel are sold for money to suckers even though they are free..
http://www.wiihomebrewdownload.com/ (reader/person with poor english skills do not buy anything from this site - I'm just using it as an example) So yes wii scams do happen and are a big industry that makes tons of money for it's owners.

Just know that nothing related to dolphin or wii software should ever cost real money. That's why you get that 'scam warning' message when loading some homebrew stuff on the real wii.
Don't give money to thieves.
Pages: 1 2 3