Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tips for lag / increase speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Dolphin650

A lot of games I run are on the "perfect on dolphin" list but are extremely slow, so I'm assuming my PC just isn't powerful enough (32-bit, 2.53 dual core, 3 gigs RAM). Any tips on how to get the frame rate up? For example, Soul Caliber 2 is running at 30 instead of 60.

Thanks!

LuisR14

you didn't mention video card Tongue

Alcobereno

I get a MAJOR frps boost when i turn off the sound. Take off all the sound check boxes and you'll get higher frps.

Fishaman_P

(05-03-2009, 11:00 AM)Alcobereno Wrote: [ -> ]I get a MAJOR frps boost when i turn off the sound. Take off all the sound check boxes and you'll get higher frps.

Why turn off the awesome sound in SCII? (Joke Weapons HILARIOUS!)
Just turn on Dual Core in the Config Menu, first tab. I don't know about SCII, but SSBM went from ~20fps to 60fps, sometimes faster! Big Grin

arceus12345

if you have a really slow p.c. then make sure nothing else is running other then dolphin

roche

thx a lot
the enable dual core option really fastened the speed like 5x
i tried sound and quantizers first and nothing happened
thx Big Grin

Fishaman_P

No problem. Smile

If you have a quad-core, (or a tri-core, although I don't get how that would exist) then the sound, video, and computing is split into 3 part, and it is even faster! No need to sacrifice sound!

P.S. Astaroth's Rock is my favorite Big Grin Elephants are funny Tongue

LuisR14

(05-05-2009, 09:13 AM)Fishaman_P Wrote: [ -> ](or a tri-core, although I don't get how that would exist)
yea that would be the AMD x3 cpus Tongue (which are just technically 4 cores cpu with one disabled core Undecided)

Fishaman_P

(05-05-2009, 10:58 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2009, 09:13 AM)Fishaman_P Wrote: [ -> ](or a tri-core, although I don't get how that would exist)
yea that would be the AMD x3 cpus Tongue (which are just technically 4 cores cpu with one disabled core Undecided)

exactly, why would anyone have that?Huh

cmccmc

(05-05-2009, 09:13 AM)Fishaman_P Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. Smile

If you have a quad-core, (or a tri-core, although I don't get how that would exist) then the sound, video, and computing is split into 3 part, and it is even faster! No need to sacrifice sound!

P.S. Astaroth's Rock is my favorite Big Grin Elephants are funny Tongue
Actually currently it doesn't use the third core for sound and it actually doesn't help. they were considering that for the oh so demanding LLE sound plugin but since it's such a work in progress they haven't made it
Pages: 1 2