Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need advice on getting started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

anseio

I've got my new laptop (specs below) and am under the impression that I should be good to go with emulating. My problem is that my goal is to play Eternal Darkness, which is still being worked out. Since I'm trying to learn how to configure Dolphin to even work with a game... does anyone have a recommendation of game that is issue free, for the most part, so I can get a hang of how things work?

Sorry for asking what may be obvious if I searched. It's easy to get lost for hours reading posts and what not.

Thanks!
J
Your rig seems enough for dolphin to support, but can't say exactly about processors...(I don't have a quad core)...
But you should tweak with some settings until you get the right one...
(06-12-2010, 04:42 PM)anseio Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone have a recommendation of game that is issue free, for the most part, so I can get a hang of how things work?

New super mario bros is practically flawless on dolphin (except a freeze on a certain 4-3 level if not using safe texture cache).

Use directx9 plugin
copy efb to texture
set framelimiter off (or auto if it's too fast)
set audio throttle off
enable dual core & idle skipping

anseio

Thanks for the help! I just downloaded Zelda: Windwaker and it worked fine. That file, however, appears differently on my computer. It is displayed as an ISO file, whereas Eternal Darkness and X-men Legengs show up as .gcm files. Tried converting one to ISO using IMToo ISO Studio, but that didn't work. Will try a few more games to see what happens.
(06-13-2010, 05:59 AM)anseio Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help! I just downloaded Zelda: Windwaker and it worked fine. That file, however, appears differently on my computer. It is displayed as an ISO file

*facepalm*...................

anseio

????????????????
you don't get it do you?

(06-13-2010, 05:59 AM)anseio Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help! I just downloaded Zelda: Windwaker and it worked fine. That file, however, appears differently on my computer. It is displayed as an ISO file

thats piracy!
Now he knows I think and you're 4 posts away from 1.000 thaCASHdude :p
yeah i know right? (3 posts away now Tongue)