Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New user gets blackscreen (i´ve read the requiriments)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

KarmaKiller

Hello!
Well, as the thread tittle says, I get a black screen when I try to use Dolphin (svn3089). Of course, I´ve updated my DX9 and drivers and installed that Visual C++ 2008 SP1 package. The most strage thing is that the game I want to play (Resident Evil Remake) works with the 1.03 final version (altough very slowly). So, I am asking for suggestions or help with this matter! Thanks in advance.

This is my sistem:
Processor: AMD Opteron 1210 (dual core) at 2.6 GHz
RAM: 2 GB DDR2-800
Motherboard: M2N-E, nForce 570 chipset
O.S.: Windows XP SP2

I already disabled "iddle skipping" and enabled "ZTP bloom" and "safe texture cache". I am using the OpenGL plugin, by the way.
Thank you, and sorry for the long post!
Try disabling Optimize Quantizers?

KarmaKiller

(04-29-2009, 01:01 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling Optimize Quantizers?

Oh, I forgot to tell, those are off too. I really can´t understand what on earth I´m doing wrong.
What type of graphics card do you have?

KarmaKiller

(04-29-2009, 01:28 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]What type of graphics card do you have?

Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT. I made sure that AA and AF settings were in "application controlled".
Hhhhhmmm, I dunno what is causing it. You've already did everything I could think of and more. You don't have to have safe textures or the ZTP Bloom hack enabled. Make sure you have sound enabled with DSound or the game will freeze. But other than that, it should be working.

KarmaKiller

(04-29-2009, 02:06 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Hhhhhmmm, I dunno what is causing it. You've already did everything I could think of and more. You don't have to have safe textures or the ZTP Bloom hack enabled. Make sure you have sound enabled with DSound or the game will freeze. But other than that, it should be working.

Okey, thank you very much for the help then. I am going to sleep now (I live in Argentina) and tomorrow I´ll be at work the whole day, but if anyone has any ideas I´ll make sure to check them out. Thanks again for the help!