Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I hope dolphin can support cheat code perfectly.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

elzee

First,my English is not good. so I hope you can understand what I'm saying....sorry.

Now, dolphin can't support most of cheat codes perfectly.
In fact,It's really poor.

just like these code:

Infinite HP (Only the First Member) [ZiT]
48000000 80574FE4
DE000000 80008180
4A100000 FFFFD958
92210000 00000000
94210000 FFFFFFF4
E0000000 80008000

(from SX4J01 Xenoblade)

Dolphin doesn't support it.
And,there is no other tools to help dolphin on explain cheat codes.

That means: I can't use most of wii game cheat code on dolphin.

That's so pity!

I hope this problem may be solved on next update.

I love dolphin. Be perfect!
I input the cheat code in "AR code"

and then it can be selected in "Action Replay Manager"

but most of the cheat codes do not work. except the codes with first digit "0".
That's obviously not an AR code, that's GeckoOS or Ocarina. Codes which are obtained from sites like geckocodes.org can't be directly used on dolphin regardless of working on real Wii.

Wii action replay codes also work different than all previous generation codes. You have to either create them yourself or decrypt them with gcncrypt and re-enter them in dolphin. Most working codes are for gamecube games. There isn't even an official action replay for wii, except for a really lousy attempt called Powersaves.

There is no real AR for wii that modifies the memory or game functions itself. Powersaves is the only commercial attempt, but it only gives you a hacked save file and doesn't allow you to change game parameters on the fly or before booting. On dolphin this is possible though.

There are some self-made codes that are circulated online & do work on quite a few wii games when playing on dolphin, I can recall at least using 'giant mario' on NSMB. Many games don't have working codes and you would have to create them yourself.

P.S. True AR codes should always begin with the prefix '$' and the code usually with 0 or 3.
Here is a list of many user-created AR codes that should work for dolphin.
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-cheats-...dates/list <- mostly wii
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread....-28rd-2007 <-gc

elzee

Thank you.
(But I still hope dolphin can support Gecko codes.
some codes are just simple logics.)

I wish to know how to change these Gecko codes to AR code.
Is there any turtorial?

Thanks.
You should also post in the correct section, this section is clearly labeled for feedback or suggestions concerning the website, not support inquires or questions about the emulator.

It looks like Ocean saved me the trouble of explaining the rest, and as mentioned, it is not possible to use Gecko or Ocarina codes at this time. There is no way as of currently to use cheats for Wii games on Dolphin. For Gamecube games, you can use Dolphin's inbuilt Action Replay function to cheat with Gamecube games on Dolphin, you can use actual Action Replay codes for this.

elzee

OK,thanks.
I'v given up about cheats.
I'll wait for dolphin's next update.
You could just create some AR codes for wii games ;p
''Enable cheats'' in Game Config? Tried that?
(06-13-2010, 05:24 AM)Diathorus Wrote: [ -> ]''Enable cheats'' in Game Config? Tried that?

He doesn't have the right codes (non-AR codes).

elzee

I'v found a tutorial of wii cheat codes

http://wiird.l0nk.org/codetypes.html

Cheat code is very similar with assembly language.

May dolphin can support them in future?
I once one time thought about adding in Ocarina codes support. I never did anything though.
Pages: 1 2