Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote sync issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

flysohigh

This problem isn't directly related to the emulator, but i still decided to post it here since there is no other forum section to request help in, i apologize for that in advance.

The story is basically that i use dolphin as a replacement wii on my notebook while i'm traveling around, since backpacking the wii is too bothersome. Now, the wiimotes synced fine with blue soleil or the toshiba bluetooth stack but one day all 4 lights on the wiimotes started to blink no matter what buttons you push and they would still be detected by those programs, but once detected bluesoleil/toshiba bluetooth were unable to connect to the wiimotes. Knowing the problem from the past, i knew i could resync the wiimotes pushing the red sync button on the wii and then the one at the controller, but i had to wait 3 weeks before i was back at my wiis place. After i arrived home the wiimotes worked fine with the wii, but now that i'm away again all 4 lights are blinking and i'd have to wait another 4 weeks before i could resync them.

Long story short, is there a way to resync(re-register? i don't know exactly what's the problem) the wiimotes without the use of the wii. Help would be appreciated.

flysohigh

One and only bump, because there was neither a yes or a no answer. Hope this isn't forbidden but i found no regulations in the global forum rules thread.
I've never used a real Wii to sync my Wiimote. I really don't know, what you are doing. I am using the toshiba stack, that was part of my hama bt dongle. I only press 1+2 at my Wiimote, click for connect the early paired device in bt stack and then it works for me fine.
the only thing i can recommend is not using blue soleil. it is crap and wants you to pay money for a gui with no added functionality. i used the drivers that came with my bluetooth dongle. when i load the dolphin emu i just hit the 1 and 2 on my wiimote, it vibrates, windows says new device is installed and ready, and i play.
(06-23-2010, 02:11 AM)inteGReddy Wrote: [ -> ]the only thing i can recommend is not using blue soleil. it is crap and wants you to pay money for a gui with no added functionality. i used the drivers that came with my bluetooth dongle. when i load the dolphin emu i just hit the 1 and 2 on my wiimote, it vibrates, windows says new device is installed and ready, and i play.

can you share which blue tooth dongle you use?