Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Games that don't need a sensor bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

ellachen0417

I just bought a wii mote and a nunchuk (as well as a bluetooth dongle) and am currently having fun with Dolphin's real wii mote function. Unfortunately, I can't find any wireless sensor bar at the nearby stores, so I can't use the pointing function yet. What are the games that can be played even without the wiimote's pointing function? Here are the games that I have right now:

- Wii Sports
- Bleach Versus Crusade
- Bleach Shattered Blade
- Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- Mario Kart Wii
- Castlevania: Judgement
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade
- Super Monkey Ball
- New Super Mario Brothers

I also have Wii Play but it's completely unplayable without the sensor bar, and Final Fantasy: CB, which is playable except for the targeting parts.

I know about the candle trick, but I don't like fire hazards so I'd rather wait until I get a wireless sensor bar.
1.No More Heroes 2
2.Madworld
3.Tatsunoko vs Capcom
4.Mario Kart

There still many games that dont need sensor bar but i dont remember too much
Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a somewhat obvious one.

There's one game called Super Fruit Fall...it's a shameful port of a flash puzzle game, which isn't even that good.
From your list all games are playable without sensor bar except Wii Sports and Super Monkey Ball (this is Gamecube game, right?), not sure about Bleach games though.
(06-10-2010, 05:10 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]From your list all games are playable without sensor bar except Wii Sports and Super Monkey Ball (this is Gamecube game, right?), not sure about Bleach games though.

Well, you can navigate all menus in wii sports/smball with the 4-way control though. The gameplay itself doesn't require sensor bar. Tennis, bowling, baseball, golf, boxing don't need pointer or sensor bar at all.

Sports resort on the other hand is impossible to play if you don't have a sensor bar. And it would make no sense to play the games (like archery, frisbee, swordfight,wakeboarding) with emulated wiimote, & it's almost impossible.
Oh you need to buy the wireless sensor bar to do full wiimote emulation? Darn it.......
(06-10-2010, 05:32 PM)jasong Wrote: [ -> ]Oh you need to buy the wireless sensor bar to do full wiimote emulation? Darn it.......

How else would it calculate the position of pointer on the screen. The black sensor on your wiimote recieves it's relative position from the sensor bar through infrared light and calculates how far away you are, where you are pointing it at, etc..

You can even use two candles 30cm away from each other as a sensor bar, because candles emit infrared light. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLbWqFQRUhc

It was proven to work right after the original wii itself was released. I've tried it on dolphin too just out of curiosity. You can alternatively build your own sensor bar with IR Leds, batteries or modified usb power cable and resistors for very cheap.
ooh candles!
Isn't this anoying after a while? Because you will get that little white dots when you close your eyes or purple dots when you move your eyes... I would get crazy :p!

The candles I mean oO.
How about Mario Galaxy, I'm assuming it needs a sensor?
Pages: 1 2