Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Successful Setup!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

woogleuk

I apologise if this is in the wrong area or anything, but I now have an almost perfect setup and I would like to share my system specs and bluetooth adapter type with people to hopefully give them an idea of what will run perfectly.

ok to start with the bluetooth.....Trust BT-2100p using blue soliel, connects every time, just pair with blue soliel, and after that whenever you reboot just connect.

My original system, C2D E8400@3Ghz , 4GB, 640MB GeForce 8800GTS, ran it pretty much perfect, with the occasional slowdown, I have now upgraded to a core2quad Q9505@2.8Ghz (that won't make a difference as dolphin only uses two cores), and a 1GB Radeon HD 4870. Now I get full frame rate and smooth play with anything I have played......so far.

OS: Windows 7 x64, dual monitor setup, dolphin full screen through TV, rest of PC through the monitor, and with this setup i can do interwebby stuff whilst she plays mazza kart (with no slowdown, even when browsing nasty CPU hogging java // flash sites.

Another note, I am as I type, playing Wii sports resort with the wife and I am happy to report the motion plus is working flawlessly (except she keeps winning).

The ONLY thing is Mii's never seem to have faces, I can live with that though.

Make sure you use direct3D and not opengl for the graphics, opengl is slooooooooow.

And now I get back to getting my arse kicked.

Peace Smile

Woogle. Big Grin

p.s. i am using SVN 5601, and have just noticed a new one....time to go build again Smile