Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 3D driver iZ3D and Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pyrofer

Hi guys. Angry at Sony for not releasing any 3D games (other than Avatar) I decided to play my Wii in 3D.
Forgetting the 2d->3d that the Samsung i have does I used Dolphin.

Wow.

[Image: sw3d.jpg]
Obviously you cant see the 3d from this, but you can see the fact its got the double ghosted image from seeing both left/right at the same time in the screen.

Lego Star wars was my best result, looking great in 3D, but Mario Galaxy didn't work.

the iZ3D driver hooks into direct X, but it seems all the main game graphics in Mario Galaxy are at the same depth! changing the 'seperation' merely shifted the image left right.
Its odd because the Load a save game scene IS in 3D, and the star field and the Mario Galaxy logo etc. Just the actual game elements are all at the same depth.

Has anybody else tried this? Is there something odd that Mario Galaxy does in its rendering?
I get very good 3D out of Mario Galaxy.
You should adjust both separation and convergence to find the best 3D.
Separation defines the total amount of 3D
Convergence pushed or pulls the entire picture towards you or in the distance.

In order to setup 3D properly, first remove your glasses and use a high enough separation until you can clearly view the left and right eye views, then use the convergence setting to focus the main area of attention at screen depth (in the case of Mario galaxy try a convergence of about -1.10 (+/- 0.05) until you get Mario close to screen depth : when looking at the screen without glasses, Mario's image for the left and right eyes should almost superimpose, but the background should still show two distinct images, increase separation as necessary in order to clearly see the distinction between what is in focus and what is separated)
Then put the glasses on and adjust separation until you get a comfortable image. Start with low separation and increase progressively, Mario galaxy tends to separate very quickly.
Same monitor as me :o!!!

Pyrofer

Thanks for the reply, however I think you missed my point. I have 3D working, and it looks GREAT at the point of picking a save game, as soon as the game starts and you are moving Mario, the whole image is one flat plane as if viewed by one eye only. HUD elements are 3D and float above the game element, but when I adjust things everything moves together. Mario is always a single flat image that I can move left or right along with the landscape. Normally when adjusting the seperation you see Two mario images (without the glasses on) that move further apart or closer together. I dont get that! I just get one mario image on the same plane as all the other game elements.

Can you share some of your settings please? Are you using the iZ3D driver?

(06-08-2010, 11:17 PM)BlackShark Wrote: [ -> ]I get very good 3D out of Mario Galaxy.
You should adjust both separation and convergence to find the best 3D.
Separation defines the total amount of 3D
Convergence pushed or pulls the entire picture towards you or in the distance.

In order to setup 3D properly, first remove your glasses and use a high enough separation until you can clearly view the left and right eye views, then use the convergence setting to focus the main area of attention at screen depth (in the case of Mario galaxy try a convergence of about -1.10 (+/- 0.05) until you get Mario close to screen depth : when looking at the screen without glasses, Mario's image for the left and right eyes should almost superimpose, but the background should still show two distinct images, increase separation as necessary in order to clearly see the distinction between what is in focus and what is separated)
Then put the glasses on and adjust separation until you get a comfortable image. Start with low separation and increase progressively, Mario galaxy tends to separate very quickly.
This is weird, I get both views (left and right) when ingame, but the interface HUD remains 2D (it stays at screen depth and does not separate).

I am using the following hardware and software :
Intel Core i5 750 (stock frequency)
4GB ram
ATi Radeon HD5870 (stock frequency) with catalyst 10.3 drivers
Windows 7 home premium 64bit

iZ3D driver version 1.11 beta1-2
Output mode : Interleaved w/ horizontal optimized submode -> My display is a Zalman Trimon 22" 3D display which works with this mode but anaglyph also works
Convergence -1.06
Convergence 10% (that's a strong 3D setting, Mario galaxy separates very quickly, try about 5% at first)

Dolphin RC2 has trouble connecting wiimotes on my computer, I'm stuck on the main menu so I use SVN 5457 and everything works.
I use Dolphin 32bit executable due to iZ3D driver licensing DLL not working in 64bit mode yet (64bit works in anaglyph mode though)
Then 3D works with any DirectX setting I could throw at it, the only issue I have is the wiimote pointer location not registering the correct location when using Antialiasing, so I have to use noAA to play the game.

I have played 3 games in 3D so far :
-Mario Galaxy
-Mario Sunshine (gamecube, works well but the heat effect does not like the camera to be moved and causes garbage, just like with the widescreen hack)
-Soul Calibur 2 (gamecube, works wonderfully, even if the hit effects are 2D sprites at screen depth I made a video of it)
-Wii sports (i just tried bowling, did not try the other games)

I also tried metroid mages but the all crash or show artifacts when using 3D

Pyrofer

Are you sure iZ3D doesnt work with 64bit?

I'm using the "Free for Radeon" customers option and its set to native chequerboard output. I'm also using 64bit Dolphin. I will have to do some more accurate testing on this... I tried the 2.0 RC and the 2.0 release. I may try the SVN.
I couldn't get the WiiMotes to pair either!
Using an old Radeon 4550 and core2Duo something or other :p
4gig ram.
Same Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium.
I'm not using beta iZ3D though, just the main download from their page. I will try the latest beta.
Lego Star Wars had no trouble, Monkey Ball Wii had no trouble but Mario Galaxy didn't work in the game. When I get a chance to play more ill try the latest versions of everything (Don't you just love beta software!)

(06-10-2010, 08:55 AM)BlackShark Wrote: [ -> ]This is weird, I get both views (left and right) when ingame, but the interface HUD remains 2D (it stays at screen depth and does not separate).

I am using the following hardware and software :
Intel Core i5 750 (stock frequency)
4GB ram
ATi Radeon HD5870 (stock frequency) with catalyst 10.3 drivers
Windows 7 home premium 64bit

iZ3D driver version 1.11 beta1-2
Output mode : Interleaved w/ horizontal optimized submode -> My display is a Zalman Trimon 22" 3D display which works with this mode but anaglyph also works
Convergence -1.06
Convergence 10% (that's a strong 3D setting, Mario galaxy separates very quickly, try about 5% at first)

Dolphin RC2 has trouble connecting wiimotes on my computer, I'm stuck on the main menu so I use SVN 5457 and everything works.
I use Dolphin 32bit executable due to iZ3D driver licensing DLL not working in 64bit mode yet (64bit works in anaglyph mode though)
Then 3D works with any DirectX setting I could throw at it, the only issue I have is the wiimote pointer location not registering the correct location when using Antialiasing, so I have to use noAA to play the game.

I have played 3 games in 3D so far :
-Mario Galaxy
-Mario Sunshine (gamecube, works well but the heat effect does not like the camera to be moved and causes garbage, just like with the widescreen hack)
-Soul Calibur 2 (gamecube, works wonderfully, even if the hit effects are 2D sprites at screen depth I made a video of it)
-Wii sports (i just tried bowling, did not try the other games)

I also tried metroid mages but the all crash or show artifacts when using 3D

Pyrofer

Hmm. I tried beta iZ3d driver, still the same. Didn't want to compile latest Dolphin.
Tried that Marble saga last night and that works. its definitely only Mario galaxy with a problem.
No adjustment of settings would make it work.
Time to give up. Mario Galaxy 2 turns up in a few days (I got a shipping notice!) so ill play that instead.