Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: About To Throw In the Towel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just about exhausted what little patience i have, trying to get this to run at anything like playable speed (avg 10-15fps) & usually looking horribly pixellated as well - (trying various Wii/GCube games) i have waded through multiple tutorials/posts and followed them exactly as far as i am aware - with no or very little improvement.

System Spec:

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Core i7 920 (2.67g)
Ram (6g)
Radeon HD 5870 (1g)
Dolphin Revision 5619 (x64)
Any suggestions/guidance would be most appreciated,

Thanks for listening.
Either you're trolling or somethings seriously wrong with your setup. With that hardware you should (pending you overclocking that i7 to 3.2+ ghz) be able to run just about any game labeled "Playable" and/or "Perfect" with constant 100% framerate. Only thing I can guess is that somethings either messed up software wise (drivers, windows installation etc) or your GPU might be overheating. Its hard to tell what the problem is really...

You should be running the following settings for pretty much all games:

Config: Dual Core, Idle Skipping, HLE the IPL, JIT Recompiler

Plugins: D3D9, DPS_HLE

D3D9 Settings: Enable CPU->EFB Access, Safe Texture Cache Normal, EFB Scaled Copy, Enable EFB copy to RAM and Use Native Mips. Assuming you're using the most recent build with those settings, I can't see why anything would be holding you back from near perfect framerates. What games are you running by the way? And are all drivers up to date?

Also as far as pixelation is concerned, make sure to do the following:

In the config menu under display tab, use a nice resolution for fullscreen mode. Then under the D3D9 plugin menu choose 3x EFB SSAA (None, 4x or 9x - its up to you but none are necessary past 1600x1200 resolution.)

Guaranteed this will solver your pixelation issue.