Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Single Core mode faster then Dual Core mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Single core appears to be faster for a lot of games I have tried.
SSBB-DC mode faster (Runs at full speed on this computer with DC on, but only on brawl mode, SSE does lag for me) 30-60FPS DC 40-60SC (full speeds are harder to reach though)
SSBM-DC faster 40-60FPS DC, 20-35FPS SC
Super Paper Mario-Dual core faster but hangs for a while when flipping (Game is fully playable in Single core mode, I only got one hang in the game and that was in Chapter 3-4 when I acquired a key. DC mode will make the game randomly go really fast then slow back down) 20-60FPS SC 30-60FPS DC
Paper Mario TTYD-Single core faster 20-60FPS SC 15-50FPS DC
NSMB-Single core faster 40-60FPS SC 20-35FPS DC
Starfox Assault-SC faster 50-60FPS SC 30-45FPS DC
WW-SC faster 8-30FPS SC 6-25FPS DC
FFCC (GC)-Single Core 15-30 SC 10-22 DC
Deadly Creatures-Single core 12-20SC 10-17DC
SMG-Single core 25-40SC 18-26DC
SMG2-Dual core (not sure yet I just got it and haven't been able to test it much) 29-44DC (only tested DC)
ZTP (GC)-Single core 5-30SC 4-24DC
Metroid Prime (GC)-Single Core 10-45SC 7-39DC
Muramasa The Demon Blade-Single core 50-60SC 45-57DC
Pokemon Colosseum/XD-Single Core 20-40SC 11-29DC
LoZ FSA-Single Core 30-59SC 27-52DC
The FPS calculations were on my AMD Anthlon 64 3800+ on Rev5612 using DX9 and DSP-HLE, if you need my settings I can post them. my brother is always using his computer so I can't test it much.
All of these games have been tested on two computers, mine, and my brother's (Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Nvidia 8800 GT, WINXP x32, 4GB ram).
Did dual core mode break or something? (I have tested 4710-5612 all the same results)
(06-07-2010, 02:54 AM)gotest Wrote: [ -> ]Single core appears to be faster for a lot of games I have tried.
SSBB-DC mode faster (Runs at full speed on this computer with DC on, but only on brawl mode, SSE does lag for me)
SSBM-DC faster
Super Paper Mario-Dual core faster but hangs for a while when flipping (Game is fully playable in Single core mode, I only got one hang in the game and that was in Chapter 3-4 when I acquired a key. DC mode will make the game randomly go really fast then slow back down)
Paper Mario TTYD-Single core faster
NSMB-Single core faster
Starfox Assault-SC faster
WW-SC faster
FFCC (GC)-Single Core
Deadly Creatures-Single core
SMG-Single core
SMG2-Dual core (not sure yet I just got it and haven't been able to test it much)
ZTP (GC)-Single core
Metroid Prime (GC)-Single Core
Muramasa The Demon Blade-Single core
Pokemon Colosseum/XD-Single Core
LoZ FSA-Single Core
All of these games have been tested on two computers, mine, and my brother's (Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Nvidia 8800 GT, WINXP x32, 4GB ram).
Did dual core mode break or something? (I have tested 4710-5612 all the same results)

Lol wut? Did I miss something but single core is slower from my experience I know... Dual is faster then single no matter what.
....because you have a single core CPU (AMD Athlon 64 3800) but in Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 this is really weird.
I just got to test NSMB on my brother's PC again, I couldn't take screen shots because he wouldn't let me, but I the results.
DC mode (40 seriously...)-120fps (in world 8 map) SC mode 80-175fps (in same place same position) 60-90fps at the last boss in SC mode

I have screenshots of the title screen on my PC with SC and DC modes
http://i48.tinypic.com/1235yc5.jpg DC (False speeds, FPS is the actual speed)
http://i46.tinypic.com/2cwvp5w.jpg SC (whats with the broken textures anyways? everything looks like its made of metal)
just tested SMG 1 and [color=#FF0000]DC[/color] works perfectly [color=#FF0000]100%[/color] cpu speed lobby ,while [color=#1E90FF]SC[/color] has ONLY [color=#1E90FF]25%[/color] CPU unplayable!

[color=#FF0000]so theory goes away in that case.[/color]

Athlon 7450 x2 2.4 ghz
win 7 64 bit.

*EDIT
reason : tested NSMB

also confirm in here in favor of DC
almost double the speed with DC in no fps limmit test 212% DC 102% SC.

so no can't support SC theory faster over DC.

what u might wanna do on your older cpu is if u are using win xp 32 is to download amd dual core drivers wich comes especially for your cpu's to activate corectly DC.

Code:
dual_core_optimizer_1.1.4.zip
AMD_Processor_Driver_1320053.zip
only for win xp

*EDIT AGAIN
FORGET DRIVERS U HAVE SINGLE CORE CPU!

But wait what the FF??u have a SINGLE CORE CPU and u try to get more speed by turning ON DC??how the F is that going to work??