Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: does not show plugins on linux?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey there i need help!
i just downloaded dolphin for my opensuse pc. the programs runs ok but when trying to set the plugins it does not show anything (just like the plugin problem on windows....). I fixed it on windows downloading the directx update, but how am i supposed to fix it on linux???
In addiction when clicking the Config button, dolphin shows: "Could not read ./User/Wii/shared2/sys/SYSCONF. Please recover the SYSCONF file to that location" but i checked and sysconf is there!

LuisR14

(04-28-2009, 08:45 PM)furrytonic Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed it on windows downloading the directx update, but how am i supposed to fix it on linux???
well those plugins that use DirectX won't work on Linux (pretty much what you can use is the PadSimple_SDL.dll (or so)) Smile

(04-28-2009, 08:45 PM)furrytonic Wrote: [ -> ]In addiction when clicking the Config button, dolphin shows: "Could not read ./User/Wii/shared2/sys/SYSCONF. Please recover the SYSCONF file to that location" but i checked and sysconf is there!
probably you need to set rights to the folder Smile
obviously i'm using plugins for linux (the ones that were included in the package...).
So what am I supposed to do ??
anyone?? Sad

LuisR14

make sure you have the right dependencies Smile, and for your other problem run dolphin as root Smile
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I checked dependencies with "ldd ./Dolphin" and everything was therewith last versions. Also I tried to run Dolphin as root and got this when trying accessing the configuration:

./Dolphin
handler instance (nil)
44:00:029 N: BOOT Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
44:00:085 N: BOOT Starting application
44:00:085 N: BOOT Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
44:00:200 W: COMMON IsDirectory: stat failed on ./USER/WII/TITLE/00000001/00000002/CONTENT:
DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/libPlugin_Wiimote.so: libwiiuse.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryDL: Error loading DLL Plugins/libPlugin_VideoOGL.so: libCg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directorySegmentation fault

The libs are all there, at the Plugins directory. How should I solve this? I was never able to run Dolphin on Linux (OpenSuse 64). I could do it when booting to Win32.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

LuisR14

do you have the Cg toolkit libary there? Smile (it also asks for a wiiuse .so file Tongue (which i don't know where you get))