Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running games slowish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying out dolphin on 2 games, MGS and Sky’s of Arcadia. Whenever I am playing them on MGS I’ll get to around 25fps when moving around and on Sky's I’ll get to around 30 fps. The games are sluggish and don’t run as smoothly as I remembered. I also had to use the Skies of Arcadia hack to improve the game, there was stuff I couldn’t see etc. But after I manage to kill the First boss, after that cutscense the screen dies and I’m left with 0fps and constant beeping of sounds. Is there something I am doing wrong/or have left out?

I’m using

- ATI Radeon 4650 HD 1GB DDR3
- AMD 2.7GHz dual core
- 2GB DDR2 RAM
- 500GB harddrive + 2 Spare

I thought this would met the requires of Dolphin, but after checking the performance guide and downloading various copies of Dolphin, I am still sitting around the same fps range. Is there something I am missing? Or do my specs fall short of dolphin's requirements?

I have tried my best looking through these forums and have failed to solve my problem.

Thank you.
Use the Direct X plugin Big Grin.
And use the latest version Smile.
I am using Dolphin 2.0 windows 32 Bit on Windows XP SP3
Also I am using the Direct3D9 pulgin and still experencing these problems Sad
nomis, we almost have the same specs bro. Our video card isn't the best when it comes to running the wii emulator. They say use dx9 plugin and stuff but i get the best framerate with opengl.