Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulation running awfully slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can get past the Nintendo logo and the start screen on Luigi's Mansion, I can also get past the intro pretty quick

but when I get to gameplay, moving is incredibly slow

Any idea why emulation is running so slow?

If you need more info about my specs, just ask

My specs

[Image: SS-2010-06-03_171024.png]
Because your processor is too weak for dolphin AMD Athlon DC 2GHz(Atlease Dual Core 2.4GHz).Your graphic card same to,too slow for dolphin.Your PC is laptop right ?
Don't use lastest build or slower than halfspeed,try this build
64 bit
32 bit
Setting:http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html
(06-04-2010, 10:44 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Because your processor is too weak for dolphin AMD Athlon DC 2GHz(Atlease Dual Core 2.4GHz).Your graphic card same to,too slow for dolphin.Your PC is laptop right ?
Don't use lastest build or slower than halfspeed,try this build
64 bit
32 bit
Setting:http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

Results about the same, even with the custom build and tweaks to the emulator

What processor/graphics card do you recommend?
Desktop:
Intel 2 duo/Dual Core 2.4Ghz atleast.If you have enough money ,you can buy core i3,i5,i7 or AMD black edition
Graphic card:
(Low)Nvidia 8400GS(20$),(Medium)Nvidia 8600GT(65-69$),(Strong)Nvidia 9800GT(120$)=Ati 4870,any ATi 57xx or above
Laptop:
This one is capable with dolphin
Edit: change the links
(06-04-2010, 12:42 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Desktop:
Intel 2 duo/Dual Core 2.4Ghz atleast.If you have enough money ,you can buy core i3,i5,i7 or AMD black edition
Graphic card:
(Low)Nvidia 8400GS(20$),(Medium)Nvidia 8600GT(65-69$),(Strong)Nvidia 9800GT(120$)=Ati 4870,any ATi 57xx or above
Laptop:
This one is capable with dolphin
Edit: change the links

I'm not in the market for a new notebook or desktop, I'm just interested in upgrading the hardware for smooth emulation
There is noway you can upgrade your laptop video card but if you have ExpressCard slot you can look here
Or ask the store owner who sold laptop to you
Laptop is not designed for gaming.If you look for a cheap pc,desktop is the only way
(06-04-2010, 01:03 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]There is noway you can upgrade your laptop video card but if you have ExpressCard slot you can look here
Or ask the store owner who sold laptop to you
Laptop is not designed for gaming.If you look for a cheap pc,desktop is the only way

Can you least point me to a notebook that will be emulating smoothly?

I really do not like HP or Acer, so Compaq is my preferred choice if I'm going to go into the market for a new laptop
Unfortunately,that Acer which I posted above is the cheapest in this world that can run game smoothly.Compaq is Hp btw
You can find the laptop you want here
Try Alienwares, they're gaming laptops; http://www.alienware.com/.
He can't even affort a laptop around 750$(Acer Aspire AS5740G-6979 : Core i5 2.26GHz ,Ati 5650 512Mb,Ram 4G,HDD 500GB) now you convince him to waste 2000-4000$ for alienware but same speed
Pages: 1 2