Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: game not working - newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dotolee

Hi there. i'm trying to set up either my 32 bit or 64 bit dolphin wii emulator. but neither one is working for me. i'm running windows 7...
when i try to run my game (super mario brothers) nothing happens. but in the 64 bit, when i click on the wiimote or the GCpad icons, the system crashes. in the 32 bit, it does nothing.

i've read the faq here on how to set up the emulator. step 10 says this:

10.) The next and final tab is the Plugins tab, here you can select different plugins for Dolphin to use, Currently there are two video plugins for Dolphin, OpenGL or Direct3D. Direct3D currently runs faster than OpenGL, however has more graphical problems, if you're looking more for quality/compatibility use OpenGL, if the game seems to work with Direct3D without problems, you might be better off with it. Next is the DSP plugin, and you have 2 choices here, HLE and LLE. Unless you're just testing things on LLE, you're better off using HLE for the DSP plugin. (this is mostly for audio) The Pad plugin is for your controller or Keyboard setup, best to use nJoy 0.3, but you can play with the others and see which ones work best for your controller/keyboard. Last is the WiiMote plugin, there is only one as of this time.

where do i get the wiimote plugin? when i check my config, i have nothing in the drop down list for both the gc game pad and the wiimotes.
i just wnat to use my wireless keyboard.
thanks.
what revision are you using?

dotolee

(06-03-2010, 08:35 AM)my_rig_is_dust Wrote: [ -> ]what revision are you using?

i just downloaded the latest version today - 2.0
do you meet the minimum sys requirments? your processor needs to have sse 2 support (i think)
Please post your specs
And download CPUZ to check your specs(CPU,graphic card)
Take a screen-shot of CPUZ as well(snipping tools or print-screen)