Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just a small question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya all. Just wanting to ask a question. Could be my fault but I'll ask anyway.

It seems that my dolphin emulator performance has been a bit jumpy lately. Like with NSMB, the FPS was usually 60 overworld and 60 in game no matter what. Now its 43ish until In game. Underground and such lowers the frame rate. MKWii is kinda the same, with the FPS in race to be 60ish after I got to first place, now its maintaining 40. Is it something with my computer? Resources wise? The other day i was playing a few levels without problem, then just recently it seems to be lowering my FPS. Should I do the usual and end processes to free up cpu and ram? Oh and I do change from revision to revision. I tried an earlier one to see and it was the same thing, lowered FPS

Also specs because I've heard they're important to know

CPU: Intel i7 920 OCed at 3.60 (Running at 3.80 thanks to turbo)
video card: 9600 GT 512mb
memoryBig GrinDR3 size: 6144 MBytes

Weird how I can't Run SMG at full speed either. I thought OCing from 2.60 to 3.60 would help. Must be something else I'm missing. Its also a HUGE problem if i can't run NSMB wii with that kinda specs. Least I think it should be a huge problem.
Just a small bump. I'm still confused that I can't even run NSMB wii at full speed anymore either.
Post settings you use
Lastest revision lower the speed,that's all
More speed : use svn5186:
64 bit
32 bit
Setting:http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html
(06-03-2010, 11:12 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Lastest revision lower the speed,that's all
More speed : use svn5186:
64 bit
32 bit
Setting:http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

Oh so the later revisions lower the speed huh? This one actually is running NSMB Wii at full speed which is nice. Thank you. As for settings, everything is set to the optimal as I've checked out that performance page quite a few times. Didn't want to ask the obvious questions. I just never enable cpu to efb access, nor safe texture cache. Only for trauma center i believe

I'll probably stick with this one then until a speedier version ends up on a later revision. Again, thank you.

Oh small edit. The real wiimote pairing isn't as good here. i forgot they made it better later on.