Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dumping DSP/Sound?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Azu

Hi. Can you dump from the DSP? I see a path "User\Dump\DSP". Is there a way to dump this?

Azu

I meant as actual wavs files.
Yes, go to the properties of the game, go to the last tab, find music files (sorry forgot extension) get Winamp, download plugin to play those files, change winamp sound plugin to write to .wav. sorry i cant go into detail. i am on vacation without my laptop, once i get back (in 2 days) i can give you the extension name, winamp and a more comprehensive guide.
(06-02-2010, 04:50 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, go to the properties of the game, go to the last tab, find music files (sorry forgot extension) get Winamp, download plugin to play those files, change winamp sound plugin to write to .wav. sorry i cant go into detail. i am on vacation without my laptop, once i get back (in 2 days) i can give you the extension name, winamp and a more comprehensive guide.

The issue with this method is that there are often packed files, which comes back at the initial thought of this thread to extract Sounds from the stream of the DSP. Afaik the link of Flow was just to dump the DSP Rom, not the actual stream.

But I was also confused of why there was a DSP subfolder inside the Dump folder, giving me the idea that Dolphin was able to not just extract textures but also sounds. But I don't think such functionality exist already in a common build.