Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: This Computer Performance on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, i'm going to get a new computer soon and i was wondering how good Dolphin would run on it... I'm not going to build this computer ONLY for dolphin, so don't come with comments like "hey get this x or this y dual core and it will perform better on dolphin" i already know that story... The real reason for me to wonder would be cause i read it in some forums that ATI + AMD builds seems to run worse than INTEL + NVIDIA with equivalent (benchmark or review in real computer games and apps, like 3dmark or Crysis) performance... so give me your comments:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2GHz (definetly going to overclock it)
2GB DDR3-1333Mhz (i know there's not much difference between this one and the ddr2-800... maybe i'm going to overclock it...)
ATI Radeon HD5770 1024mb... (not willing to overclock... for now)

So... how would it perform in games like Mario Kart Wii (which i don't get full speed with an amd phenom x3 @ 2.67Ghz, 3gb ddr2-800 ram and a 9500GT 512mb) and Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2?
(06-01-2010, 11:58 AM)frango0010 Wrote: [ -> ]AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2GHz
2GB DDR3-1333Mhz
ATI Radeon HD5770 1024mb

Full speed in all games, unless using some of the very newest revisions which can be slow. 4gb of RAM wouldn't hurt but that's an optimal and reasonably priced rig.

hilday

Hello everyone, I was browsing around the forum and find a interesting thread here. It will be useful sharing for many persona all around the world searching for this information.
(06-01-2010, 12:17 PM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2010, 11:58 AM)frango0010 Wrote: [ -> ]AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2GHz
2GB DDR3-1333Mhz
ATI Radeon HD5770 1024mb

Full speed in all games, unless using some of the very newest revisions which can be slow. 4gb of RAM wouldn't hurt but that's an optimal and reasonably priced rig.

Hmm... nice.... Thanks for the info... very helpful... I just hope they optimize the newest revisions soon =/...
yeah you should get good speeds with that.
You will get nice speeds, maybe not full speed on all games if you don't overclock it but even stock will get you far. Big Grin
For me too Big Grin, cuz I'm going to buy that same processor in about 1-2 months!
yeah that cpu is goooood.