Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin should work on my system right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bootlegchris

Hi! I'm new here, I was wondering if anyone could give me a tad of advice, as far as i'm aware my laptop specs should easily be able to handle this and then some... but when playing windwaker on rev 3013 It has insane slowdownDodgy, laptop specs are as follows;

Intel core duo 2. (2.00ghz)
Nvidia geforce 9500m
4gb ram
windows vista
use direct3D and use a version r5500+ and don't use a resolution higher than 640x480 because your graphics-card cannot handle it.

Bootlegchris

Yeah thanks, The graphics card can handle games like mass effect 2 and bioshock 2 and the like? it's up to 1.7gb of graphics including ram obvv..
my onboard graphics card can handle FEAR2 too at playable speed... but only on lower resolutions.

it is because the memory bandwith (GPU<->RAM) is too small for onboard.
and your 9500m is like an onboard card because it doesn't have dedicated ram.

dolphin needs very high bandwith ram<->cpu for emulation.... normal videogames/computergames don't need that high bandwith... but your graphics card needs the same restricted bandwith too because it doesn't have dedicated ram. this is the reson why you have slowdowns.

Bootlegchris

Ahh, i getcha! Thanks a bunch! Smile

[edit] any other settings and advice to get windwaker working at least playable? will be much appreciated