Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin emu virtual USB Gecko??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don’t know if it’s done already or if it’s even possible, just a suggestion, Idea

I currently have a USB Gecko (GC/WII development tool) I use it to find my own cheats for Wii games, it’s completely useless on Dolphin emu, so what I was thinking is, it would be great to have a Virtual USB Gecko of some sort that lets you use all its function on the Dolphin emu, this would also help homebrew and introduce a cheat engine with the help of an integrated Gecko os of course.

As you can see USB Gecko has been discontinued and the code released to the public at Google codes, so there shouldn’t be any problem using the source.

I think the member on the following post wanted something similar

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-2416.html

Hope it can be done,

Let me know what you think.

Thank you

Cool
There's two ways to achieve this:

1. Convert the Ocarina codehandler from PPC ASM to C++ that Dolphin can use. The code needed would be similar to the Action Replay functionality already in Dolphin.

2. Emulate the System Menu so that we can load up Gekko OS followed by the game.

Neither of those options are a 5 minute job. There's plenty of interest, but we haven't seen anything tangible yet.