Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Multi-GPU Configuration Benefits?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there performance increases from multi-GPU configurations?
If there is how much does it help?
(05-30-2010, 03:22 PM)drunkalien6 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there performance increases from multi-GPU configurations?
If there is how much does it help?

Typically Dolphin is limited by CPU, not GPU speed. You may see a small benefit with multi-gpu configs, buts likely not that significant of an improvement.
No dolphin will not get any benefit from sli or crossfire configurations as their is no profile for dolphin in the drivers and dolphin does not have any native optimizations for it either.
yup....You can't gain any benefits from SLI or CrossFire(X) in DOLPHIN as the current plugin is not designed to do so but you will gain much more performance increase in other PC games like GTA, crysis, Assassin's creed.. etc.

So, just wait till dolphin supports SLI or crossfire, but which GPU do you use currently...?
I use a Radeon HD 4890. But am upgrading too two GTX 470's.

I will still upgrade as I do mostly play other PC games was just wondering if I will see any speed increase when using dolphin.