Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Dragon's Lair 3D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 548418front.th.jpg]

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M300, 2.0 GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4200 256MB
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Dolphin Version:

Dolphin SVN R5522 - 64-Bit

Emulator settings:

TLB hack must be used.

(Core Settings)
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Jit Recompiler

(Video Settings)
DX9
Safe Texture Cache
Enable EFB Copy to Texture

[Image: dl3d1.th.png]

[Image: dl3d2.th.png]

I am having major issues getting this to run on my mac ? I am using Dolphin 3.0-425 and when I opened this game for the first time I got a yellow looking screen ... I opened it a few times and then got a message about "Failed to load DSP ROM: /users/ME/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/GC/dsp_rom.bin ... it goes on to say this file is needed to use DSP LLE ?

I have tried to change the settings and use the DSP HLE setting instead and have looked into changing the cpu emulator as well ... I am not sure I know what the proper settings should be for this and if I change them will that affect other games as well ?

Also, IU have read things about a certain hack for this game but I am unable to find this in my settings anywhere ? How can I know that I have the right updates and also has this game been confirmed working on the mac ?

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated !! Thank you in advance ...
Right click on the game in the emulator list and go to properties, tick off "mmu speed hack". I haven't tried the game in a long time, but I'd guess it still works.

Also, thanks for searching for this game thread and not posting a new one.
(02-27-2012, 04:54 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on the game in the emulator list and go to properties, tick off "mmu speed hack". I haven't tried the game in a long time, but I'd guess it still works.

Also, thanks for searching for this game thread and not posting a new one.

No problem ... I respect the Forum and Rules ! I also think your product is the best and my kids thank you as well ...

I tried what you said and still a no go .... When I go into the settings for this game the only thing that WAS checked was MMU Speed Hack . So when I disabled it there was nothing checked . I have tried many combinations but have not been able to get it going . I always get the message about the failed DSP ROM ... and failing to initialize the DSP Emulator .

Is there a file that I can delete to create a new .ini file ? so I can generate a fresh settings log ... I am concerned that maybe I changed something along the way possibly and it should be different ? Also, if I am running the stated version of Dolphin 3.0-425 , is this the most recent for mac ? Is there a better build maybe ?

I am saying these things cause I originally opened Dragon's Lair 3D and did not get this message ... I got a screen that had bright yellow borders on the side but never a game picture ... Only after a little while of trying to open repeatedly did it change and give me the message ...

I appreciate you responding so quickly !!

I edited this post as I have new news ....

I changed the settings putting everything on but the MMU and I was able to get rid of the message and reproduce the Yellow Screen with black borders on the side ... I had that reversed on the last post.

So now I have a yellow screen with black borders .
Thanks