Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Enable dual core lows fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bronze99

I have a problem when I turn enable the dual core, the dolphin, I'll play any game, it starts with good fps 30 fps for example, after a few seconds it falls far 10-9 fps for a few seconds and then back to 30.
when I turn off the Enable dual core, fps is stable but also gets lower fps is at about 20 fps.

Anyone know the problem? enable dual core not working? right
my specs
AMD Athlon x2 3.0ghz
4gb ram
radeon 4850
Asus m2n68 am se2

so I researched, it seems that it only happens with the amd processor, anyone know how to fix this?
has some rev? that this normal?
someone with this amd processor with this problem?
It might be a problem with Cool'n'Quiet. Try to disable it and test the results...

bronze99

I tested it now, disable Cool'n'Quiet
gave an increase of 2, 3 fps, with Enable dual core on, but still unstable, the fps is 30, after falling for 10 seconds he gets a few seconds and back again.
= /
Hmm I read about a similar problem in this article, but that was in June 2009 and might be due to faulty beta drivers etc. How old are your components? Drivers and bios are uptodate?

http://www.au-ja.de/review-amd-athlon2-2...0-31.phtml

Maybe its a heat problem - try to read the core temperatures (not just the CPU Temp) from both cores. Speedfan or something can do that. If it is above 60-65°C that might be an automatic slowdown.

It is also somewhat normal to get moving fps, but dual core should be always faster...

Try different releases of Dolhin, not just 2.0

bronze99

I updated the video driver bios, already deactivated the cool n quiet, I downloaded the everest, to make the diagnosis of temperature with the two core at 100% is an average of 50 c, from what I saw this on average.
not yet discovered
I tested other rev of dolphin but the same thing, some do not run the game I'm playing that is the harvest moon tree of tranquility
my pc is
Amd atlhon blach edition x2 7750 3.0
Asus m2n68 se2
4gb ram
radeon hd4850
Windows 7 64bit