Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how to get wiimote working on PC hardware needed and does it work with dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

doop

hi

how to get wiimote working on PC hardware needed and does it work with dolphin?

usb bluetooth adapter? what models? please tell me? maybe look on amazon.co.uk and tell which models detect the wiimote?

and how to get it to work with dolphin?

many many thx

all help appreciated!!!

doop
you need a wireless sensor bar or a homemade one. i think you would want a bluetooth 2.0 + edr and with manufacturer support of x64 drivers if you run a x64 os. some have recommended bluetooth that come with a bluesoil (something like that) software.
Check out this Youtube Video It shows how to use the wiimote and what you need to get it working with dolphine.

doop

hi,

what type of sensor bar, i dont know how to get one working with windows? as the wii sensor bar plug is not compatible with any PC ports that i am aware of?

so please confirm i need a bluetooth usb with erd and bluesoil plus a special sensor bar for a PC where might i get one of these? and i need both?

many thx

doop

(05-30-2010, 12:14 AM)obscured Wrote: [ -> ]you need a wireless sensor bar or a homemade one. i think you would want a bluetooth 2.0 + edr and with manufacturer support of x64 drivers if you run a x64 os. some have recommended bluetooth that come with a bluesoil (something like that) software.
There are official wireless Sensor bars from Nintendo. I got mine for about 9€ from my local store.
You can use any sensor bar, even wireless ones, or even two candles (as the flames emit infrared light). A sensor bar is just a bunch of IR leds 30cm away from each other. It doesn't transmit any sort of data whatsoever. It just enables the wiimote to triangulate it's relative position from the infrared light source.

As for a bluetooth dongle, you can go to dealextreme.com and buy one for 2 bucks.