Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem Defining Controls on Keyboard [Ubuntu 8.1]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Witchking

The title says it all. I am runing SVN R 3091 on Ubuntu 8.1 and can't edit the controls using the standard KB/360 pad plugin. So far it hasn't been much of an issue because I only use dolphin to get frame data for SSBM, but I want to test some stuff where I need to control both characters (like having one hold shield all the time) and so I need to be able to define my own controls. The fields in the pad configuration window are by default blank, and when you click on a field and press a button, it just says "Press key" and nothing happens.

Through trial and error I managed to find out what the controls are (in SSBM at least).

Control Stick = Up, Down, Left, Right
C-Stick = I, K, L, J
Dpad = T, G, F, H
A = X
B = Z
L = Q
R = W
X = S
Y = C
Z = D

If anyone can explain to me how to get the values for keys used in the pad.ini file, that would be fine too because then I could just edit it manually. Right now I'm not sure which key has what value.

Oh yeah, my system specs are:

Ubuntu 8.10
AMD Athlon x2 @ 2.2 GHz
2 GB Ram
~15GB of free space (Ubuntu is not my primary partition)
Foxconn Motherboard
Nvidia 7600

jman

Hello,

I'm experiencing the very same issue of svn3091 build on a completely different system, therefore I think this may be a generic problem of the linux build. My system is an X2@5400, 2 gigs RAM and NVIDIA 7900GT, running on Slackware 12.2.

Unfortunately I can't provide any help, but let's hope we can get some support/bugfix soon.

By the way thanks for providing the default keybinding, because I was trying too to figure out the keys from those hex code in the pad.ini file.

cheers,
jman

Witchking

I had the same problem on my previous 28XX (I don't exactly recall which one it was) build. So yes, it does seem to be a flaw of the linux build in general, not just this specific one. What I find strange is that I haven't seen anyone else post about this problem. You'd think if it was such a general problem there would be a lot of topics about it.