Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good enough for most Wii games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title suggests will my pc be able to play most games thru dolphin

My PC specs are
CPU : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+ (2.6 GHz)
Memory: 2GB of DDR2 Ram
Video: NVidia Geforce 9600GT 512MB
DirectX 11

If there is anything that could be upgraded please advise thank you
Your system is a little bit on the weak side as far as your processor speed goes. You should be able to get decent speeds in some games, though. The best thing to do is to test and see what you get.
No, your cpu is insufficient, though some games may cope.
(05-28-2010, 02:22 AM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]No, your cpu is insufficient, though some games may cope.

AWW

is there a difference between intel cpus or amd cpus for dolphin?
Nope, but Intel is faster clock to clock.
his cpu WILL be fine for at least 50% of the games he plays. his specs are good.
if i ask you will my pc be sufficient for dolphin i'm sure you'd say no. but i can play almost all my games above 75% speed minimum. all you need is tweaking
well i consider "good enough" as 100% fps in most (>50%) games... but if you're/he's happy with 75% then yes it's attainable, i would know since it was my last cpu before my current one.
yeah i got into dolphin solely to play tales of graces everything but in combat speed is usually 100% but combat i drop to 45% Sad thats why i asked

(prolly gonna give muramasa a try since i'm being bugged by friends/brother)

it seems my board only supports amd according to the websites support list

mobo is gigabyte m57sli-s4 and was thinking about a phenom II 945
Well I have a AMD Athlon 5200+ @ 3.06 GHz and I can run almost all the games at full speed Smile, I'm going for the Phenom X4 945 or something like that...