Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Freeze on continuous input from mouse / keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FiReaNG3L

Hi everyone,

Getting started with Dolphin, have a strange problem not documented anywhere on the forum as far as I know.

Been trying Mario Kart (the only game I own) on my i7 with Dolphin. Framerate is great (steady 60), except when I use input devices (keyboard or mouse).

When I move the mouse continuously, the framerate drops to 0 and the audio stutters. Same thing if I hold a key of the keyboard (such as A to accelerate). If I tap keys or move the mouse only slightly, I get only slight framerate drops - it seems to be directly related to the amount of input the emulator gets.

It gets stranger. Say if I hold A to accelerate in game, but happen to tap another key (such as right), the problem goes away temporarily - but only for the keyboard inputs - mouse inputs still freeze. It's very annoying and comes back if I use too many inputs quickly (left right dodging with A and using shoulder pads etc).

This happen in the game and in the menus.

I tried updating directx to the latest (it already was).

Can anyone help?
Just did a quick test - installed the 32 bits version (windows) instead, and this one works fine.

So the problem is exclusively on the 64 bits version of the emulator. I guess the 32 bits version will do!