Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using Wiimote/Nunchuck, Motion Plus, and Classic Controller/Pro,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am interested in using Wiimote/Nunchuck, Motion Plus, and the Classic Controller Pro with Dolphin. I do not own a Wii so I would have to buy all the items (Wiimote/Nunchuck, Motion Plus, and Classic Controller Pro). Do all the items work well with Dolphin as of the latest version? Also What are all the items I will need (Please provide links) to get these items to work. I have assumed a Bluetooth receiver will be a need as my computer does not have one. The main concern is a sensor bar, is this needed, if so how would I go about hooking it up to my PC? Also any software should I know about (Links pretty please)?

Thanks! Angel
You don't need to use a real wiimote if you don't want to. You can use a gamepad or keyboard/mouse.
As far as I know, all real wiimote hardware works fine with Dolphin as long as you have bluetooth.
The sensor bar doesn't need to connect to your PC, it just provides some IR lights for the wiimote to look at. You can even use candles.
Ok great! Does Dolphin have Motion Plus support?
Real, yes.
Emulated without a nunchuk, yes. Emulated with a nunchuk, not yet.
If you want to go the cheapest route, just go to dealextreme.com, get the $2 bt reciever and a wu/nyko wiimote and nunchuck. Total cost with free shipping maybe 20 bucks. I'd only recommend genuine nintendo products, but that will add costs.

It's worth it because many games plain suck if played on keyboard (and some games are just dumb if not impossible on keyboard like wii sports/resort
Thanks Ocean! I have never been to this website before, they seem to have great prices! You answered one of the questions I had in the back of my mind. Which was if I could use off brand Wiimote's/Nunchucks. I am planning to buy an official Nintendo brand Wiimote/Nunchuck, and 2 pairs of a cheap off brands.