Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamepad setup in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm confused about the gamepad setup. For playing a fighting game (Tatsunoko VS. Capcom in particular) what is the best way to setup my gamepad (Logitech Precision Gamepad) for use in Dolphin? Do I use Options > Pad Settings? or Options > Wii Remote settings? Do you use classic controller (is it supposed to be checkmarked?)? Or Wii Remote? It recognizes my gamepad but setting up the analog is funky. Do I need to use XPadder to map the keys? And if so, map the keys to which? Wii Remote or Classic Controller? Could really use some help / advice please....

Thanks!
(04-27-2009, 12:14 PM)kingb33 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm confused about the gamepad setup. For playing a fighting game (Tatsunoko VS. Capcom in particular) what is the best way to setup my gamepad (Logitech Precision Gamepad) for use in Dolphin? Do I use Options > Pad Settings? or Options > Wii Remote settings? Do you use classic controller (is it supposed to be checkmarked?)? Or Wii Remote? It recognizes my gamepad but setting up the analog is funky. Do I need to use XPadder to map the keys? And if so, map the keys to which? Wii Remote or Classic Controller? Could really use some help / advice please....

Thanks!

ok sry as with any emulator its a bunch of trial and error. i got it working now. The work the devs have done on this emulator is amazing to say the least. Tatsunoko vs capcom looks better on my PC than it does on my TV!

In future build it will be nice when they work out the slowdown in this game for special moves. FYI for anyone reading this the game doesnt seem to work in the newest build 2962. At least for me...

soujiro14

If someone could put up some sort of walkthrough or at least point me in the right direction, I'd like to know how to get Dolphin to detect my Logitech Rumblepad. I've tried going through the various control configurations and it doesn't seem to be detecting it at all.

[Image: logitech-rumblepad2-1.jpg]

Update: Nevermind. Though I think I'll write a little something to help for those people with USB gamepads in general. Go to Options > Configure > Plugins. Under the "Pad" heading, switch to "nJoy v0.3 by Falcon4ever". Click the Config button next to that and your gamepad should show up and you can proceed from there.