Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Often have to reinstall dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on windows 7 ultimate x86, and I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem, after one or two uses I need to download dolphin again and extract it somewhere because the client won't work, it'll start the program but it won't let me see it or use it or anything. I've tried the SVN, and the thing won't open with the microsoft visual studio, I'm wondering if there's a fix to this or anything because I have trouble reloading my save games when I need a new copy of the emulator.
I'm guessing the window is opening off screen for you.
A few users have had this problem. Negative window position values are being saved. It is a known issue.
You can delete the Dolphin.ini file or change the negative values to something normal.
Or, on windows 7 you can click on Dolphin and hit Win+UpArrow to maximize the window.
Or: Hover over the Dolphin icon in the taskbar and wait for the windows with the game running shows, then right click it and select move, then press on 1 of the arrow keys (lets say right) and then move your mouse without clicking on any button on the mouse. Now the windows must be visible...
Thank you thank you thank you guys, big help! I'm sure you've helped others with my problem too. =]