Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Launch game from directory dump?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

n4ru

I'm looking into playing custom New Super Mario Bros. Wii levels on my PC and I was wondering if it's possible to launch a Wii game from it's directory dump as opposed to an ISO or part.bin (not even sure if Dolphin supports the partition launch either). I don't want to rebuild the ISO each time I want to add new levels and it'd be far easier to launch from a directory dump. Does Dolphin have this capability and/or is there a modification that allows me to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Don't think any current or past revisions can boot games from directory dump instead of iso or disk. You would need to modify at least Boot_BS2Emu.cpp source to read from directory .dol executable and fst rather than disc image source.

And there are likely more source files you need to rewrite before compilation if you want to run games from directory files flawlessly rather than rebuilding your iso with the custom .arc files/.brstm music you inserted.

Tbh, if you want to save time just get Trucha Signer and test all new .iso changes on a wii with homebrew channel.