Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I'm trying to run Dolphin on my Logitech Rumblepad 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Davers

Hi, I'm new here. I have Dolphin emulating perfectly, except for the controls Sad. I'm trying to get the controls set up for the Wii emulator, and I can't figure out how to get them working for my logitech rumblepad 2. I don't know what to enter as my input source, and I'm kind of wondering what my setup should look like on the wiimote plugin configuration. If anyone could help with an explanation of the buttons and what the do, I'd appreciate it.
:/
Input source: Are you using a "Real" wiimote? No. Do you want an "Inactive" wiimote? No. "Emulated" wiimote? Yeah, that would makes sense.
Then click "button config" and set up your buttons and axes to your liking.

The "Wiimote New Incomplete" plugin in the svn is easier to configure than the current plugin.
You can get an svn build from: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

Davers

(05-24-2010, 03:33 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]:/
Input source: Are you using a "Real" wiimote? No. Do you want an "Inactive" wiimote? No. "Emulated" wiimote? Yeah, that would makes sense.
Then click "button config" and set up your buttons and axes to your liking.

The "Wiimote New Incomplete" plugin in the svn is easier to configure than the current plugin.
You can get an svn build from: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

Ok, I have the input setup, thanks. I'm still having problems with the dicrectional input for the controller, through. The inputs do not seem to have a static direction, I've set them all according to the udlr directions on the gamepad, and pushing up, down left or right on the pad makes the character go sideways or sometimes in the opposite direction.

Can anyone with a rumblepad tell me their input setup or have you experienced any similar problems to what I'm having?
Depends on the game. You might need to check/uncheck "sideways wiimote".
here:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/393585446/gamepad_config_folder.rar

its complete ini's for rumblepad 2 included "rumbling" as ON as long as u have installed logitech software for gamepad.

profile for super mario galaxy 1 via new incomplete plugin,and njoy config for GC

although i would not recommend playing marion via gamepad its much easier with mouse and keyboard.

here is pic if u need

[Image: 52994218.jpg]
[Image: 96350996.jpg]

P.S
as i sad u don't need pic's just copy ini's and profile folder ini's to your emu and it will setup as such.

here u can find which button does what in mario galaxy

Code:
http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=49646&tab=controls
so i see u dl-ed file.did it helped u?

mymh

Or maybe it was me downloading the profile, helped me a lot, as I couldn't figure out how to use the mouse and keyboard to the full potential of the game.

I do however have one question, for the surfing part in Super Mario Galaxy, there's no tilt function included in your profile, so should i configure it just for that part, or is there some way I can use the keyboard for that part, while still having the gamepad activated?
surfing part,yes there is a trick,in lower right corner of incomplete plugin u see 2 checks "sideways and upright wiimote"

i didn't played surf but i did played Ball part where u roll ball while standing on it and for that i used upright couse ball goes upright for surf i belive your should use sideways

and yes u should use tilt settings if u use gamepad,i honestly done that via keyboard and mouse .
all that was necessary was tilt setup and upright in your case sideways

i will commit pics in sec

***EDIT
reason:
added pic

[Image: unititled7.jpg]
[Image: 033.jpg]

now i used mouse and numpad part of keyboard
in that map D-PAD was of no use at all,only those 2
so in gamepad way it should be right analog stick for mouse and i sugest editing one of left analog or digital sticks for purpose of playing that map.

or u can just make keyboard profile u can always load diferent profiles during game play.

that map was a joke with keyboard and upright option,compared to reall wii nunchank i was lost there :-)

mymh

Awesome, thanks alot mate Smile

Just figured it out and it worked. Thumbs up for the help.
hm just played that map,and i cannot notice that every tilte also correspond to shake Z as well?
when ever i tilt to left,right,up or down it also do a jump which corresponds to shake Z aka spin in normal walking mario,bug in plugin?
Pages: 1 2