Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: just started using dolphin, and its not working please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

jman5002

hello. i am new to Dolphin. i was recently trying to get my new Super Mario Galaxy 2 ISO to work, and this happened. it said you GMC/ISO may not be a GC/WII ISO. how can i make it a wii iso???? please help!
What tool did you use to dump the game?
What type of file is it?

jman5002

(05-24-2010, 12:47 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]What tool did you use to dump the game?
What type of file is it?

i used image burn and its an ISO
Bad dump I guess? Try again?

jman5002

(05-24-2010, 01:49 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Bad dump I guess? Try again?

k ill try.. maybe its the option, do you use image burn? if you do what option do you use?
I don't use imgburn. I don't have an optical drive that can read gc/wii games.
You need an LG drive, or softmodded wii to dump the game properly (wii games are read backwards of normal DVDs)
Your drive could be going bad and making faulty iso dump. Like khrz said only some older LG and pioneer drives can run & rip gc/wii games for dolphin. I currently use lg-8162b which cost 5 bucks on ebay and it works like a charm.

There is a list of compatible drives here. It also shows which ones will have errors or not rip.
(05-24-2010, 10:13 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]You need an LG drive, or softmodded wii to dump the game properly (wii games are read backwards of normal DVDs)

do people still believe this nonsense? Wii games aren't read backwards - they are just protected well.
Never heard anything sbout reading backwards... wtf?
Didn't even know it was possible lol...

Yeah I think it's good protected.
Pages: 1 2