Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games lagging even with good fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even when I have solid 30-40 fps the games are still laggy. I tried lowering my resolution a ton and disabling AA but it had no effect.

Is it possible to fix this?

thanks
go to dsp sound settings and disable audio throttle
(05-24-2010, 09:28 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]go to dsp sound settings and disable audio throttle

That didn't fix it, I think it may have helped a little though.

Everything is fine in the menus of mario kart double dash for example, but then everything has like a second slowdown when the game starts even with 30-40 fps.
Are you using these settings?
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html
(05-24-2010, 09:58 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using these settings?
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

Thank You!

Ok so I did all those settings but it was WAY too fast (700 fps at one point! 350 during gameplay) so then I started to add more and more stuff one bye one to make it slow down. In the end I added:

-V Sync
-1600x900 Forced Widescreen
-Hires texture loading
-16x anisotropy filtering
-4x SSAA... 9x was too much but this slowed it down just perfectly.

The menu is now crazy fast but the gameplay is normal which is just fine for me. I'm thinking about enabling Force bi/trileaner but I don't know what it does Tongue
Thanks again for the responses, this is actually pretty cool!

But if somebody could tell me what the bi/tri linear setting does that would be even better Smile

EDIT: I googled and I think that it would be better to leave the bi/tri filtering off cause x16 anisotropy filtering is another form of filtering that is better and might be canceled out if I choose bi/tri filtering. Can anybody confirm this?
Turn frame limit on if its too fast.
(05-24-2010, 10:30 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Turn frame limit on if its too fast.

That fixed the super fast menu, thanks.