Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help configuring controller.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

phillyX

Using Dolphin 2.0 and when configuring the wiimote i really don't know what i'm doing.

i'm using a ps2 controller and had no problem mapping the buttons for the gamecube but the wii is another story.

problems i'm having:

Input source: dunno which to choose between inactive/emulated wiimote(as well as sideways/upright wiimote)... which one should it be if i'm using a ps2 controller/keyboard?

as for button mapping i don't know which button corresponds to what really so if people don't want to write out a long explanation desribing what everything is can you at least post a pic of your button mapping to keyboard and i'll see if i can take it from there.

also, i tried starting up SMG and when i got to the intro a screen popped up saying "insert X to Y" with a picture of the wiimote(i'm assuming connect nunchuck to wiimote or something) and don't really know how i would do that.

thx for any help you can provide.
"dunno which to choose between inactive/emulated wiimote"
"Inactive" would be chosen if you didn't want to use the wiimote and "Real Wiimote" would be for a real wiimote connected via bluetooth.
You want to choose emulated wiimote.

"sideways/upright wiimote"
How you are supposed to hold the wiimote in order to play your game?
For SMG: You point the wiimote towards the screen. Is that sideways? No. Is that upright? No.

""insert X to Y" with a picture of the wiimote(i'm assuming connect nunchuck to wiimote or something)"
Yes, it shows a picture of a nunchuk and a wiimote.
In the wiimote config dialog, you need to choose "nunchuk" for the extension.

"i don't know which button corresponds to what"
Googled "super mario galaxy controls"
2nd result: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=49646&tab=controls
Just set the controls to your liking.

I would get a recent build from: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html and use the "Wiimote New Incomplete" plugin.
It's much easier to configure.

phillyX

alright thx for the help... will see how it turns out and post results.
ok encountered another problem.

used the newest build and the wiimote new incomplete plugin.

i've assigned every relevant command to the ps2 controller(i think)..

Buttons/IR/Tilt/Shake/D-Pad have all been assigned but when i start up the game i can't move mario around.. the wii pointer works fine as does the camera control(IR and D-pad) so i'm guessing the problem lies in Tilt where nothing happens after i've assigned them to my right analogue stick.

i tried switching the Tilt commands to the left stick and yet no results. the movement shows up fine for both sticks in those calibration boxes but as said one of them does nothing when inside the game.

do you know what i'm doing wrong?

edit: nvm... i now see under nunchuck config that i have yet more unassigned buttons...

there are way too many to fit on my ps2 controller so is there any decent options you could provide.. for now i'll just try getting mario's movement under control.