Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good enough for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tssslammu

Ok so Im going to list my PC specs. Its not amazing but I figure you guys would set me stright haha.

Graphics card- ATI Radeon HD 4670
1 Gigabyte DDR RAM
Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core 3.20 GHz (not overclocked)
300 watt Power supply (will upgrade in the next week, I know its very low)
OS Windows 7

Im aiming for monster hunter tri, I see people running it perfect on videos and saying they can run it amazing on Forum posts

Thank you for looking at the time to read this Smile
(05-20-2010, 02:29 PM)tssslammu Wrote: [ -> ]Im aiming for monster hunter tri, I see people running it perfect on videos and saying they can run it amazing on Forum posts

MH3..with that spec..no(5-12 FPS I guess) .If you say Muramasa 2D game may be you can get halfspeed
You may look for a list of games don't need a powerful CPU here
Edit Tongueentium 4 has 1 core ,only my pentium D has dual core die in 1

tssslammu

(05-20-2010, 02:39 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2010, 02:29 PM)tssslammu Wrote: [ -> ]Im aiming for monster hunter tri, I see people running it perfect on videos and saying they can run it amazing on Forum posts

MH3..with that spec..no(5-12 FPS I guess) .If you say Muramasa 2D game may be you can get halfspeed
You may look for a list of games don't need a powerful CPU here
Edit Tongueentium 4 has 1 core ,only my pentium D has dual core die in 1

It says in my Computer properties Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz 3.12GHz

Thats wierd... In my Boot up screen it says I also have 2 cores lol.

What if I do an overclock on it, I can safetly clock it to 3.6. Maybe I could run it then?
I see no difference even I overclock to 3.6GHz .Buy a new CPU (core 2 duo above 2.4GHz,i5)or a beast laptop with core i5 750USD.
Download CPUZ to check your PC spec.I'm pretty sure Pentium 4 only 1 core
Edit: Post a screenshot of CPU Z then I can help you

tssslammu

Oh wow this Cpu program is neat haha. Gonna use this for future stuff. Sorry took me so Long. Here is the screenshot of the Cpu [attachment=3294]
You might wanna zoom, Arghhh sorry for the tiny pic. This is my first time uploading a pic into a post >.>
1 Core 2 thead just like I expected.For more speed
Look at setting here as default

Use windows 7 64bit

Download svn 5186 SSE3 here,the lastest revision will slowdown alot

tssslammu

Thank you for your help Big Grin
um.... P4 is a no go.......