Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound but no picture, though my computer supports OpenGL 2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ozcrash

Hi, my problem is that I don't have vision while playing NiGHTS Journey of Dreams, I have audio but no vision. I tested other games such as Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, and it works pretty well.

I searched on this forum and found an topic about this. It says my graphic card needs OpenGL 2.1 support. I checked NVidia official site and my card support OpenGL 2.1 according to this page http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_gef...60_us.html

Please help me to get the vision to be able to play the game.

Note: Surpisingly some of text is seen, but like normal text not effected text. I can see "New File" "Select a story" etc.
Another Note: I have seen this game can actually be played by someone on YouTube, the error belongs to only my computer.

My computer features:
NVidia GeForce GTX 260
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53 Ghz
3,50 GB RAM
update your graphic card driver or try switching to D3D plugin ,remember to update directx Feb 2010
Edit: I think who made it was @JADS and he run with Dolphin 2.0 RC1 which can find on the main site - download page

Ozcrash

Thank you it works. Smile Though it has 15 fps which is too slow. :/ I saw some guys working fullspeed but they have newer Windows instead of me.

By the way is there any DirectX plugin allowing Real XFB (i probably misspelled)
(05-19-2010, 12:00 AM)Ozcrash Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you it works. Smile Though it has 15 fps which is too slow. :/ I saw some guys working fullspeed but they have newer Windows instead of me.

By the way is there any DirectX plugin allowing Real XFB (i probably misspelled)

Go here to see how to run faster
AFAIK Directx has no XFB but you can reduce the resolution to 640*480

Ozcrash

Well it is still slow :/

The reason i asked about D3D Plugin was it still doesn't allow vision, OpenGL does when I enable Use Real XFB. Why I want D3D is it allows 3d model ripping.
What's kind of 3D you want this ?,I only know XFB is native resolution

Ozcrash

No what I meant was if I enable XFB I can see the game. So if there is vision the 3d ripper can detect it and rip the current scene. You know, then I will be able to get ingame models and can use them. I don't know if it is just XFB, but because of some features that OpenGL has and D3D hasn't, I cant see the game with D3D.
Ok, I saw your CPU 72xx type so it can support SSE4.1 . Herego and get 5186 SSE3 multi path .Better use windows 7 64 bit to get more speed and run with openGL