Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems with Super Smash Bros Brawl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

drunkguy77

Hey guys! I'm new to the forums and fairly new to wii emulation. I just tried brawl on my computer. It's fairly old and very low end but I still manage. I have to say that, even so, for some reason most parts of brawl are still emulated better than melee with all the graphics intact as well as mostly playable FPS. Care to tell how it is so? Anyhow, that's beside the point.

The problem I am having with brawl is that the subspace emissary (story) mode isn't working properly for some reason. The first movie and the fight b/w mario and kirby is playable but after the fight is over, it just keeps playing the same intro movie that came before over and over again 2-3 times and crashes. If I'm lucky I get to the primid fight and once I am done it again starts playing that same movie and either crashes before I skip it or crashes anyway even if I manage to skip it. And this happens every single time I try to play that mode. Anyone have any ideas why this happens?

Also it crashes everytime I try to play the trials for the old games. Any help on that?

Few of my specs, if they help:
Core2Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz
ATI Radeon X1300PRO
2 GB RAM

I understand the specs are low but before you go blaming specs, just consider that I can play classic mode fully even if I have to push to play through low FPS sometimes and that even if crashes may be frequent they just don't occur at the same level they do as in the problems that I mentioned which is to say everytime at the same point.
whats the size of your iso?
(05-18-2010, 08:00 AM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]whats the size of your iso?

I have this problem also. What i do is press enter and press x. The intro screen is paused but still covering the background, so i moved the button/ up arorw key to select a character and press X and it continues. If there a fix for this i would be happy also, but ye thats how i was playing, no crashes what so ever.

p.s. it is 4.37GB

thanks,
(05-18-2010, 08:16 AM)darkspider Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2010, 08:00 AM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]whats the size of your iso?

I have this problem also. What i do is press enter and press x. The intro screen is paused but still covering the background, so i moved the button/ up arorw key to select a character and press X and it continues. If there a fix for this i would be happy also, but ye thats how i was playing, no crashes what so ever.

p.s. it is 4.37GB

thanks,

The problem with the SSBB is you need a full DVD one..... (it should be 8gb) also make sure to set D3D plugin and not opengl
the actual brawl disc is 8GB
the one you have is either a bad dump or the DVD5 version.......