Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ubuntu 10.04 install/setup help plz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

number7

Hello all this is my 1st post in this forum ever yay. any how ill get right to it and i'm a little new to linux os's. so what i'm trying to do is get dolphin 2.0 working on Ubuntu 10.04

My 1st problem was i was getting a libao.so.2 error
i fixed that i think

now im getting this error message

/home/blue/Downloads/Linux-i686/dolphin-emu: relocation error: /home/blue/Downloads/Linux-i686/dolphin-emu: symbol _ZN12wxAuiToolBar12ms_classInfoE, version WXU_2.8.9 not defined in file libwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

any help would be grate
Have you typed the magic instruction from the wiki?

This is the instruction, if you haven't:

Code:
sudo apt-get install subversion scons g++ wx2.8-headers libwxbase2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-dbg libwxbase2.8-dev libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dbg libwxgtk2.8-dev libgtk2.0-dev libsdl1.2-dev nvidia-cg-toolkit libxrandr2-dbg libxrandr-dev libxext6-dbg libxext-dev libglew1.5-dev libcairo2-dbg libcairo2-dev libao2 libao-dev libbluetooth-dev libreadline5-dev && svn checkout http://dolphin-emu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ dolphin-emu-read-only && cd dolphin-emu-read-only && scons flavor=release
(05-17-2010, 08:46 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Have you typed the magic instruction from the wiki?

This is the instruction, if you haven't:

Code:
sudo apt-get install subversion scons g++ wx2.8-headers libwxbase2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-dbg libwxbase2.8-dev libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dbg libwxgtk2.8-dev libgtk2.0-dev libsdl1.2-dev nvidia-cg-toolkit libxrandr2-dbg libxrandr-dev libxext6-dbg libxext-dev libglew1.5-dev libcairo2-dbg libcairo2-dev libao2 libao-dev libbluetooth-dev libreadline5-dev && svn checkout http://dolphin-emu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ dolphin-emu-read-only && cd dolphin-emu-read-only && scons flavor=release

I have use this code, but when I search for pluging in the config page i did not find any video, sound or control should you help?
If I whant to compile the Dolphin 2.0 Oficial linux 64 bit what code sholud I try? I have download but nothig works...!
Thanks a Lot!
hi I try to run from console and receive the error msg:

error while loading shared libraries: libportaudio.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Some one could help?
Thanks
Im not bashing you or linux, but im just going to say...
The linux build is not the most maintained. Last time I checked, dualcore mode was broken, and you are stuck with open gl.
Despite windows being a notorious memory hog, windows runs directx about twice as fast.
If you have windows, it would give you faster speed if you use it for games and use Ubuntu for everything else.
(I have tried it, and I have to admit, its a pretty impressive OS)
So to config Dolphin on Linux Ubuntu 10.04:
1- Download the Dolphin 2.0
2- Instal the libportaudio.so.0 libraries with Ubuntu Program Center
3- Move the folders on Dolphin files (file is located in .\user\wii\shared2\sys copy the file to .\user\config)
4- Run the Dolphin Tongue

I think thas all...the dolphin will run, but before play you must config the graphics, sound and controller plugin. For best config see the game discussion Smile

Now I have to find a way to set the fullscreen. Because when in the fullscreen it was aligned to left.