Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Two issues with emulated wiimote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jinkiro

Hey there, thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post and I hope this is the right section. I've been having two seperate issues since I started using dolphin. I've searched around to try and find a solution to both, but found none that worked for me so I'm hoping somone will be able to help.

The first is that I cannot load a state without the emulated wiimote "disconnecting". When this occurs, I'm usually given a prompt asking whether to reconnect immediately. Regardless of whether I say yes or no, I seem to be unable to get the wiimote to work afterwards regardless of how many times I "connect" or "disconnect" it using ALT+F5. Sometimes it seems to begin working if I change the control scheme from nunchuk to classic controller, but 99% of the time it acts as if the emulated wiimote isn't there. Sometimes it says the wiimote is connected, but when I press a key that's assigned to a wiimote button nothing happens at all.

The second issue is that I cannot change the key bindings for emulated wiimote, nunchuk or classic controller. When I press the button I'm prompted to input a new key, and given the countdown (3,2,1). If I push a key, the field then becomes blank, and I can no longer use that button at all.

For anyone wondering, I'm running Windows 7 64bit and the game I'm trying to play is Harvest Moon Animal Parade.

Anyone have any solutions to either issue? Sad
You might have more luck with the new "Wiimote Incomplete" plugin in the svn.
It probably won't handle save states correctly, because I haven't implemented that at all, but it should handle your input correctly.
You can get svn builds at http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

Jinkiro

(05-17-2010, 06:04 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You might have more luck with the new "Wiimote Incomplete" plugin in the svn.
It probably won't handle save states correctly, because I haven't implemented that at all, but it should handle your input correctly.
You can get svn builds at http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

Thank you for the quick response! I appreciate the tip greatly, and now that I've downloaded that version the game runs fine and I'm able to map key bindings. If I load a state the wiimote still disconnects, but if I hit yes and allow it to "reconnect immediately", it works and I'm actually able to continue playing. Thanks again. Smile