Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will I be able to properly Emulate GC/Wii games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

KuraiEXE

I have a good deal of Wii, Gamecube games, but I'd like to try emulating them so I can play them when I'm not in the house (I'm using a Laptop)

I believe these are the correct specs (This is my first time doing this, so I'm not sure)

CPU: AMD Athalon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 1.90 GHz
RAM: 2047 MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Would I be able to properly play games at a decent speed with these specs?
I don't think you'll get fullspeed probly near 50-60% speed.

KuraiEXE

Damn...guess I need to upgrade my laptop then, thanks.
yeah, your cpu is weak, might have some problems with performance.
I was wondering the same thing - how fast will Dolphin go on my Intel Core Duo T2050 2x 1.6 Ghz, GeForce 7500 LE, 1GB ram (which isn't the problem I guess) & W7 with only the required processes open (Windows, Dolphin, nothing else)
you just might get a bit of speed with that.
maybe a bit slower than the his (the OP).
if you know how to ''tweak'' dolphin, and if you know what games run best, you'll get what you want Wink
plus, why are u asking? just try and see how much speed you'll get... Smile
you're not gonna get killed if it doesn't work full speed. Tongue
yeah, you probably get more than expected Tongue

KuraiEXE

(05-19-2010, 02:21 AM)GundamQuatro Wrote: [ -> ]if you know how to ''tweak'' dolphin, and if you know what games run best, you'll get what you want Wink
plus, why are u asking? just try and see how much speed you'll get... Smile
you're not gonna get killed if it doesn't work full speed. Tongue

I tried it myself first, but I gave up after several games. The closest I could get to full speed was playing Muramasa for Wii.

So, I gave up and came here to ask just in case I wasn't doing it right, or if my laptop wasn't powerful enough.
(05-17-2010, 03:02 AM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, your cpu is weak, might have some problems with performance.

Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3