Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: sorry- another stupid graphics question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, i just found a server motherboard with an ATi Rage XL. will this support the opengl plugin?? will it even support direct x?

thanks, Shawn
Please refer your stupid graphics question to the Getting started with dolphin thread
that site dosent say if it will work, it just says dolphin dosent like it. my question is will it atleast work.
(05-16-2010, 08:02 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]that site dosent say if it will work, it just says dolphin dosent like it. my question is will it atleast work.

Opengl is out of the question. Direct x, if deciding to work, will deliver speeds slower than molasses.

Edit: Nope

Model
Brand ATI
Model XPERT 98
Interface
Interface PCI
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer ATI
GPU Rage XL
Core Clock 83MHz
PixelPipelines 1
Memory
Effective Memory Clock 125 MHz
Memory Size 8MB
Memory Interface 64-bit
Memory Type SDRAM
3D API
DirectX DirectX 6
OpenGL OpenGL
Ports
D-SUB 1 x D-SUB
VIVO No
General
Tuner None
Max Resolution 1600 x 1200@85Hz
Operating Systems Supported Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/NT 3.51 & 4.0
System Requirements Pentium/Pro/III/II, Celeron or compatible with 33 MHz & 66 Mhz (PCI local bus 2.2 compliant)
DVD requires DVD drive (supported under Windows 98/95b only) and ATI Software DVD Player
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
Features
Features DirectX 6.0 compatible, Direct3D 5.0, DirectDraw
Triangle Setup Engine
Texture Cache
Bilinear/Trilinear Filtering
Edge Anti-Aliasing
Texture Compositing
Texture Decompression
Specular Highlights
Perspectively Correct Texture Mapping
Mip-Mapping
Z-buffering and Double-buffering
Bump mapping
Fog effects, texture lighting, video textures, reflections, shadows, spotlights, LOD biasing and texture morphing
this graphics card is from the year 1998 if i remember correctly... (if you are really 11 ... then it was made before you were born)

i still own a rage pro from ATI that's still working in my home-"server" (based on the same chip)
on this card you won't be even able to run quake3 arena with all effects - just because back at those times the openGL drivers from ATI were even much worse than they are now.

short answer:
it will NOT run any of today's programs.
it will MAYBE work for a N64 emulator with direct3d-plugin (i remember playing "Zelda - Ocarina of Time" on my PII 233Mhz in UltraHLE with about 10FPS via a glide-wrapper on that card xD)
lol donate it to the museum
dang, thats oooold.
Old, but cool tho Big Grin.
Forget it btw :p.
wow.. yea that computer was a node in one of my dad's VERY OLD clusters Tongue
lol. i just looked at the cpu requirements for that card..WOW! i have 2 Intel Xeons in there. (2.20 ghz)

and that computer lags in redhat linux 9 Tongue Tongue. i hope it's because the gpu....