Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with Logitech WingMan Precision Gamepad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

quarkz

Hi,

I'm using a Logitech WingMan Precision Gamepad. I tried to set it up using dolphin gcpad new. when I press the up/down button on my gamepad, the analog 1 status showed the red dot moving up/down. same for left/right. however, i can't set the up/down/left/right for the d-pad, main stick or c stick. no problem with the buttons though.

i tried to play new super mario bros and my keyboard arrow keys get 8/2 = right/left and 6/4 = down/up. i also can't use my gamepad.

I also tried njoy and the old gcpad plugin but none worked.

can someone help? thanks alot!
New Super Mario Bros Wii uses the wiimote plugins not gcpad plugins. :/
You can't play every wii game with gamecube controllers.

quarkz

(05-16-2010, 04:14 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]New Super Mario Bros Wii uses the wiimote plugins not gcpad plugins. :/
You can't play every wii game with gamecube controllers.

Hmm... in that case,

can I use the wiimote plugin to emulate the wiimote using my gamepad?

I saw this option and in the wii remote plugin configuration, under the wiimote 1 window,

i saw the my gamepad registered and the analog status show movement, but can't set the left/right/up/down. the buttons can be registered though. may i know why?

thanks!
Btw,

is it better for me to just use my wiimote on the wii to play on the computer? can dolphin emulate the wiimote well?

i read that it's possible to link up the wiimote to the comp using bluetooth, is that so? btw, i'm using windows 7
"i saw the my gamepad registered and the analog status show movement, but can't set the left/right/up/down. the buttons can be registered though. may i know why?"
I don't feel like explaining it. haha
Just download an svn build from http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html and use the "Wiimote New Incomplete" plugin.
It will let you do what you are trying to do with your axes Tongue

"i read that it's possible to link up the wiimote to the comp using bluetooth, is that so?"
Yea, you can use a real wiimote if you have bluetooth.

"is it better for me to just use my wiimote on the wii to play on the computer?"
Depends on how you want to play the game.
yea, the regular plugin cant map axes to buttons, just axes to axes.