Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamepad Not Working (Windows 7)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

joelandsonja

I have a Logitech Dual Action controller (Most common controller on the market) but for some reason it is not working on Dolphin.

I have tried a number of different plugins, and when I finally am able to get at least some kind of response from one of them it doesn't configure the gamepad correctly.

Is there a Emulator pack with plugins avalable for Windows 7 that will work on this gamepad?

I think I am using Revision 3970, but I have tried other releases and nothing works. It is always a problem with the gamepad plugin.

Any suggestions?
I have the exact same controller and same issue, and i fixed it by hitting "refresh" in the new Gamecube and Wii controller plugin settings. The button is to the right of your device's name in the settings. Hope that works.

Using Rev 5448 btw, looks like you're using an older one or something.
Revision 3970 is very very old.
Try Dolphin 2.0 or a Recent revision.
You shouldn't have problems with your controller when using Dolphin 2.0, which includes the "Dolphin GCPad New" plugin.

joelandsonja

God Bless You For The 'Refresh' suggestion, it worked like a charm!

I have tried downloading the newest version, but for some reason that brings up another problem for me. I get an error message that says the Padsimple.dll file is missing and I can't seem to get it to work.

If you have any suggestions on that one I would certainly appreciate it because I would like the newest version possible. (On a side note, I do have that file in the plugins folder and have tried repeatedly to download different version, but no such luck)
(05-15-2010, 05:56 AM)joelandsonja Wrote: [ -> ]God Bless You For The 'Refresh' suggestion, it worked like a charm!

I have tried downloading the newest version, but for some reason that brings up another problem for me. I get an error message that says the Padsimple.dll file is missing and I can't seem to get it to work.

If you have any suggestions on that one I would certainly appreciate it because I would like the newest version possible. (On a side note, I do have that file in the plugins folder and have tried repeatedly to download different version, but no such luck)

PadSimple isn't included with Dolphin anymore.
Maybe you are using an old config file with the new version?
Try changing the pad plugin to GCPad New before loading a game?