Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ebay Wiimote problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

shangrila

I have a legit Wiimote (from Target) and I was able to connect to my Windows 7 laptop very easily, even though everytime I wanna play Dolphin, everytime I have to click on Add Bluetooth Device/etc and Dolphin picks it up just fine. So..

I order an ebay Wiimote+Nunchuk, paired it up just like real wiimote on my computer and have no luck,

1. Tried 3 different bluetooth Dongles
2. Tried different USB Ports/Computers
3. Computer picks up and installs drivers for Wii Mote.
4. Launch Dolphin 2.0, click on Wiimote (takes about 5 secs for the menu to pop-up) and lights on Wiimote stop blinking.
5. Click on Pair Real Wii Mote, 1 light lights up on Wiimote
6. Tried a bunch of games, none detect my wiimote even though 1 light is lit on wiimote

I updated my bluetooth stack/etc, tried Bluesoleil and it gives me a hardware issue, etc,

This is very frustrating, I do not know what to do, any help/suggestions would greatly be appreciated!
Maybe they're broken?
try with real wii.... you must have one, because thats where you got your games. you did back them up and not get them of some warez site right?/
wii motes from ebay are mostly cheap knock offs from china and most of them (if not all) don't work with dolphin.

(05-15-2010, 03:14 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]try with real wii.... you must have one, because thats where you got your games. you did back them up and not get them of some warez site right?/

what does this have to do with his issue? fake and third party wiimotes do work with real wii but this is the dolphin forums not the wii forums.
it is to prove that the wiimote is functional
Apostacious Wrote:what does this have to do with his issue? fake and third party wiimotes do work with real wii but this is the dolphin forums not the wii forums.

Fake wiimotes (anything sold on ebay not branded by Nintendo) do not necessarily work at all on dolphin, or in the worst cases are buggy even on the wii. They have a cloned circuit board and BT transmitter which are made completely from scratch in small sweatshops, copied from an original sample (Wiimote).

There are many things that can go wrong during the manufacturing (lacking proper resistor, too slow bluetooth refresh rate, broken transistors) since the entire quality control process is controlled by a single person/small group who hires lowly paid workers to assemble all the parts together in hongkong/mainland china (excl. Taiwan because knockoffs from there are usually quite high quality) to be sold at 50-70% under market price to wholesalers who then sell them to unsuspecting western customers who think they're getting a bargain.

Only real wiimote with RVL-001 manu code is 'guaranteed' to work with dolphin and wii, as they are licensed by Nintendo and have passed quality control before being sold. Also some brand knockoffs like Madcatz are slightly more reliable as they too have to pass qc in order to be sold at major retail stores in western countries and are subject to random testing