Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales Of Symphonia dies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening!

I signed up just to get this problem out of the way and finally experience the legend that is Tales Of Symphonia.
My gamecube is on the fritz, no money for a wii, and this is my legal backup, dumped to perfection \ waste of many hours of life *cough * \ANYWAy.

I load the .gcm file ...and it checks for my memory card. Sure, format...then the licensed by so and so screen comes up and bam.
The emulator just frezes.
I can go back to the window where I access the 2 iso files from, but the actual emulation screen stops and doesn't do a damn thing.

Highly annoying -_-. If anyone knows what's up I'd really appreciate it.
Setup :

GPu : 8600 GT 128, Geforce
CPU : AMD Athlon 64 2X2.6Mhz
Win : XP SP 2 Hungarian
Directx : 9.0C latest.
Drivers : ditto latest.
I am using revision 2962 - the current latest.
The problem persists even with DolphinIL.exe
Dual core was turned on at first. Freeze. I turned it off. Freeze. Can't find unlimited JIT cache as another option to try.
the game has been configured to steady fps speeds based on my own experience with the setup - it should run the game just fine on 1024X768 window mode with 4X antialiasing and MSAA. Cheats are off, options are mostly stock other than the controller, obviously.
(04-26-2009, 11:20 PM)Blackwingdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Can't find unlimited JIT cache as another option to try.

It's in debugger. To make debugger appear, create shortcut of Dolphin with "-d" at the end, like this:

Code:
Dolphin -d

Enjoy! Wink
Thanks for the attempt, but that EPIC FAILED =3.
It didn't even display the FPS and other neat info it usually does on the name of the window (Aka the blue area).
Infact, it didn't even flash the "Licensed by Nintendo" text before it discourteously crashed in my face :-p
One of the debugger windows said "Invalid callstack"
...doesn't say much does it.

Edit : Even with Unlimited JIT cache turned off, debugger mode fails it seems.
This means it is the debugger version that makes the game not even "nintendo" me :-p.
I'll try killing the debugger command and seeing if that helps.

Edit 3 : 52 seconds later : Haha yeah.
With the debugger off, I can see so and so fPs, 486 HZ, yadda yadda, quick memory card check, licensed by pretendo and then a WHAMMOFREEZE Xd.
Before playing check Unlimited JIT Cache and uncheck "Boot to Pause" to play in debugger.
Doing that and starting the game INSTANTLY crashes it with the stereotypical "oops, this software just sh*t itself" windows error message :-P.
(04-26-2009, 11:52 PM)Blackwingdragon Wrote: [ -> ]Doing that and starting the game INSTANTLY crashes it with the stereotypical "oops, this software just sh*t itself" windows error message :-P.

Bumpedy bumpety bump bump bump!
BUMP from the end of page 2 -_-;
C'MON PEOPLE Xd.
Bump from page 3.
OH COME ON :-\
Bump from GOD KNOWS WHERE.

I had a very nasty virus infecting my PC, so I had to delete every .exe, .sys, .dll file on my pc.

That's bad.
But I got a newer revision, which is GOOD, since this ACTUALLY PLAYS THE DAMN GAME!
My only apparent problem so far is that the sound seems to keep stuttering up.
The sound plugin and settings are all stock (I just set the window mode resolution to one size below my desktop resolution for obvious reasons).
I wonder if someone could help me fix that? That would complete my mental joygasm.