Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin compiling and Hacks compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, ive got some problems when i want to play some games:

- mario and sonic at the olympic wintergames (wii)
- Monster Hunter Tri (wii)
- Turok Evolution (gc)

they all only working on specific builds.

mario and sonic work until build 4357 - this build brokes it
only a memory hack patched build of the newer ones (by Morka) let me play this game -- partially, still crashes here and there

monster hunter tri needs a patched build (by spellforce)

turok works good on 4771 build, on newer no more

so, this are the basics....

What i want to know is:

- is it possible to change parts of the new code from i.e. 4357

[color=#1E90FF]"Lots of work on JIT (Implemented "unlimited instruction cache" CPU emulation.Works in JIT and JIT IL). Implemented correct PowerPC instruction cache (IC)emulation in the interpreter mode (including HID0 cache management stuff). Removed the "dcbi->dcbf" hack (again... this time it shouldn't break anything Wink) Fixes issue 917 . Fixes issue 1183 . Fixes issue 1190 . (those are really need to be verified) Maybe fixes something else. Maybe breaks something. I can't test everything, so please report if you find out something."[/color]

in newer builds with the normal code from 4356
or add new wiimote plugin with multi wiimote support and save texture cache to the 4356 build source?

And the Monster Hunter patch - could this patch brake another game?
And if so, is it possible to add that patch like the zelda bloom hack via dropdown menu?

Does the sourcecode of older versions still exist? And is it possible to add custum -newer- optimizations?
You know what would be awesome, if you can select every patch in a drop down menu, but I think that it's impossible...