Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Monster Hunter Tri - PS3 Controller won't register trigger buttons ingame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've set up everything right, as far as I know. The game starts, everything is fine and dandy'like. None of the controls fiddle.
Alls well except that the triggers won't register ingame...

They register fine in the keybindings, no problem there. But ingame R1/2-L1/2, which I bound to Left/Right Trigger and Left/Right Z respectively, simply will not register as being pressed when pressed.
However: When I bound the same buttons to the keyboard (Triggers bound to Z/X and Left/Right Z to C/V) they register just fine.

Is this a fault on the controller in question? Does it work on say, an Xbox controller but not on a PS3 one?
Or have I missed some critical step somewhere?

If there is already someone who have had this problem, kindly point me to that thread and I'll gladly lock and or delete this one.
Just to clarify, I have only played Monster Hunter Tri as of now.
So I wouldnt know if this issue is confined to that game only or
if it is spread to more or even all working games.

Cheers, Engineers.

Zankokuvin

Got a solution for ya (I hope!)

I had this exact same issue with a PS2 knockoff USB controller I am using. It drove me nuts! After an hour and a half of messing with settings and such I discover what are, for me, the perfect settings. I am using the "old" plugin (Dolphin GCpad Plugin) and in the bottom-right, "Triggers" section, where it asks for the source, I have it set to "keyboard" in the drop box. However, I still have R2 and L2 mapped as the triggers and it works perfectly. Strange, I know, but it solved my problem. Hope it helps you!
Pay atention to pictures i attached.
go to game config and select as in picture
Then when in plugin config choose classic extension as in picture,when u do that press button "configure"
under the "classic" extension and config your gamepad there,all other config will be unusable,thats the only config u need for gamepad to setup.
(08-06-2010, 09:41 AM)Zankokuvin Wrote: [ -> ]Got a solution for ya (I hope!)

I had this exact same issue with a PS2 knockoff USB controller I am using. It drove me nuts! After an hour and a half of messing with settings and such I discover what are, for me, the perfect settings. I am using the "old" plugin (Dolphin GCpad Plugin) and in the bottom-right, "Triggers" section, where it asks for the source, I have it set to "keyboard" in the drop box. However, I still have R2 and L2 mapped as the triggers and it works perfectly. Strange, I know, but it solved my problem. Hope it helps you!

Yes, in the old GCPad and Wiimote plugins, the trigger source must be set to "keyboard" in order to use digital gamepad buttons.(pretty silly) The other settings (Analog 1/2,Triggers)are for using analog triggers.
gcpad plugin is not used for this game,its Wii game which uses classic controller and not gcpad.