Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I'm fairly new to using emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really have no idea what I'm doing so I came here for some help.

I just recently downloaded the latest version of Dolphin and and I've been trying to run Tales of Symphonia. The game runs fine (usually around 50, 60 fps sometimes 80 in certain places outside of battle and around 70, 80 fps in battle) but the cut scenes and dialog are very choppy.

Also the first temple is completely rendered black in certain places (but I can still move around places and battle) but it the game freezes once I reach a certain spot and crashes

Are there any better configurations to fix this problem?
Please post your computer specifications, your revision no(your Dolphin version) and tell your active settings...
Do this first, then only we, at forums will be able to help you...
(05-11-2010, 07:35 PM)Arpit Wrote: [ -> ]Please post your computer specifications, your revision no(your Dolphin version) and tell your active settings...
Do this first, then only we, at forums will be able to help you...

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Dimension 9100
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2992 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A01, 5/25/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 82.52 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.22 GB

I'm running a Dolphin 2.0 (Don't know the revision model, I just downloaded it from the main Dolphin site)

I'm using the supplied Opendl plugin and I'm running in dual core mode.

Here are my configs that I;m using:

http://i41.tinypic.com/167po5i.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/t8au4l.jpg
Well, at least that's a PART of your config. What videocard do you have? I'm also a bit confused here, do you only have 512 mb of RAM?
Could you also make a screenshot of your graphics configuration in Dolphin?

Dolphin 2.0 is a stable release, it doesn't have a revision number.

Also, to get at least a bit of speed, try the Direct3D9 plug-in instead of the OpenGL one.
Here is the video I recorded .Setting in video description
As far as I see ,the game run perfectly
(05-11-2010, 08:54 PM)MLConian Wrote: [ -> ]Well, at least that's a PART of your config. What videocard do you have? I'm also a bit confused here, do you only have 512 mb of RAM?
Could you also make a screenshot of your graphics configuration in Dolphin?

Dolphin 2.0 is a stable release, it doesn't have a revision number.

Also, to get at least a bit of speed, try the Direct3D9 plug-in instead of the OpenGL one.

I have an ati radeon x1500

http://i43.tinypic.com/5yup34.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/s42tyc.jpg

There's my config specs. Also, I've searched around for the 3d9 plugin, but I haven't been able to find one.
Update your directx (Feb 2010) then the d3d9 plugin will show up.Also resolution do not check native,check 2x.In your pics 2 change copy EFB to texture instead to Ram
(05-11-2010, 10:18 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Update your directx (Feb 2010) then the d3d9 plugin will show up.Also resolution do not check native,check 2x.In your pics 2 change copy EFB to texture instead to Ram
Switching from native to 2x will only slow his system down.
You might want to consider switching off safe texture cache and setting anisotropic filter to 1 and antialias to off, should give you a performance boost as well.

For the rest, that video admin89 posted was of the Wii-sequel, which has less problems running on Dolpin IIRC. I'll try to rip my Tales of Symphonia GameCube game and see what it does. I'm working on my BA thesis though, so it might be another week or so. Tongue
(05-11-2010, 10:56 PM)MLConian Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2010, 10:18 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Update your directx (Feb 2010) then the d3d9 plugin will show up.Also resolution do not check native,check 2x.In your pics 2 change copy EFB to texture instead to Ram
Switching from native to 2x will only slow his system down.
You might want to consider switching off safe texture cache and setting anisotropic filter to 1 and antialias to off, should give you a performance boost as well.

For the rest, that video admin89 posted was of the Wii-sequel, which has less problems running on Dolpin IIRC. I'll try to rip my Tales of Symphonia GameCube game and see what it does. I'm working on my BA thesis though, so it might be another week or so. Tongue

Take your time, I'm patient

Also, I downloaded directx and I'm using the d3d9 plugin and the game seems to work better than ever...except for one glaring flaw that the game freezes after a battle.
Btw ,I remake the dolphin tutorial video for speed ,HD and 3D gaming with classes here
Pages: 1 2