Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Save/Load State Problem (UPDATED!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UPDATE: I thought that DolphinIL.exe was the solution. It was for some time. But it wasn't. The sound didn't disappear. And I could walk through doors. But now it's again bad. The sound is present but I see black screen again. Sad What more can I do?

UPDATE 2: I managed to solve it. I just rerun the emulator and then loading savestate works fine. So, the only problem would be these random crashes but I didn't encounter any since I use DolphinIL.exe. I'll continue playing and see if there will be any problem. Save State option just saved my life so far. Besides this is a really useful tool anyway if you cannot save everywhere just because the emulator crashes where the typewriter is (1F Main Hall but now the latest version saved this problem anyway Big Grin ). You're just doing a great job, guys. Really!

I'm now using the latest release of the emulator. Nevertheless, it can't run properly my Resident Evil Zero. The emulator crashes randomly in various rooms and imagine how I am pissed off when all my progress goes to nowhere.

So I discovered Save State option (how fast, right? Wink ). I thought it would be a solution for my problem. I would save state every minute or so and continue playing. But no...

I can save game state. But when I load it, the sound disappears. That's one problem. I thought I'd survive it. So I continue playing and when I left a room, I saw only black screen after the animation of door. The emulator kept running as I saw fps changing but nothing happened and it didn't go back to the game.

I really want to finish RE Zero. The game is great and I never had a chance to play it on GameCube. I've already read people finishing it on even earlier versions of Dolphin and I wonder how they managed to do this! And the status of RE Zero is 'In Game' so there shouldn't be such major problems.

I don't think that the problem is my hardware. I use:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD4850

I don't think overclocking the processor will solve the problem because emulator crashes in certain places I noticed. Just like there were areas that cause the emulator to crash once I step on them. This was the problem in a previous version I used. The emulator crashed every time I tried to reach the typewriter in the main hall of the research facility on 1F.

Any suggestions? Is it really possible to do something about those crashes? I'm really keen on this having read people finish this game. I wonder 'how in the world?' I want to progress to the remake of the original.

I know Dolphin is updated very often and I'm very grateful to people who work on it. Very good job guys, I really want to thank you for letting people play NGC games on PCs so fast.
"The game is great and I never had a chance to play it on GameCube"

You never had the chance to play it on the Gamecube? Then how did you get the ISO?